** This contest has ended**
U.S. Facebook Fans: Network your way to the Contiki trip of a lifetime!
Picture this – you and four friends “living the dream” on a vacation worth up to $25,000 dollars. Interested? Starting February 23, U.S. fans of Contiki Vacations’ Facebook page can celebrate their lifestyle with a trip to one of eight destinations around the world when they compete to “Get On The Bus”. (www.Contiki.com/GetOnTheBus) Contiki continues to reinforce our position as the preferred travel brand of the youth market with another innovative campaign designed specifically for you, our internet-savvy audience!
The Contiki “GOTB” contest allows users aged 18-35 to pick and name a bus, choose their trip, pack it with four friends and collect as many “likes” as possible. The bus grabbing the most votes wins the Contiki vacation and scores the latest gear courtesy of O’Neill clothing! (www.Contikilifestyle.com).
Your passenger profiles are displayed through an interactive platform that combines your musical tastes, interests, gender, average age, and travel styles. This personalization adds an exciting game-like element to the program not found in your basic online giveaways. It’s the first contest of its kind to use Facebook’s Open Graph in a truly innovative way, integrating user preferences and using the “Like” button as a voting mechanism.
Participants choose from the following Contiki tours:
- Italian Espresso (Europe) – 9 days involving gondolas, pasta, wine, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and channeling your inner gladiator at the Coliseum
- Ireland (Europe) – 9 days enjoying Irish hospitality, walking the medieval towns, reveling in the pubs, and kissing the Blarney Stone
- European Magic (Europe) – 11 days to sample Amsterdam, storm a castle, and shop the Champs Elysees as you travel England, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, and France
- Greek Island Hopping (Europe) – 14 days of sparkling blue coastal waters, suntanning on white sand beaches, and breaking plates over a bottle of Ouzo on the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, and Ios
- Eastern Road (Europe) – 13 days filled with beer gardens in Germany, partying on the St.Charles bridge in Prague, indulging in schnitzels in Austria, and taking in the culture and history of Hungary, Slovakia, and Poland
- Asian Adventure (Southeast Asia) – 14 days savoring the flavors of Eastern cuisine, visiting iconic temples, the bright lights of Bangkok, and the sunrise over Angkor Wat as you adventure through Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia
- Cairns Sunshine Trail (Australia) – 15 days of catching waves at Surfer’s Paradise, riding a 4WD through the rainforest, staying at an eco-lodge, and snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- Scenic Southern (New Zealand) – 12 days in the “Adventure Capital of the World,” bungee jumping off the Kawarau Bridge, jetboating, canyon swinging, glacier climbing, and maybe spot a Hobbit or two!
The “Get On The Bus” contest starts rolling February 23 through March 31, 2011 on Contiki’s Facebook page. To participate, visit www.Contiki.com/GetOnTheBus. “Don’t miss the bus!”