Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Northern - pretour accomodations / roommate

18 Nov 2010 LMT1982 said

Default_avatar
Hey Everyone !
I am an Aussie 28year old female and have just booked my Grand Northern Contiki for 6th May 2011.
First time travelling alone - have booked into the Pre-Accom in New York 2 days before twin share so will be sharing with a stranger which I have never done before either.
Would love to get some advice from people who have done this or even people going on this tour !!
So excited and freaked out a little at the same time !!

Thanks heaps Smiler

Moderator Note: Title modified for clarification
  • 21 Nov 2010 Brad1877 said

Default_avatar

Hi. I did this tour last September. Also had 2 nights before. I was roomed with a guy from my tour which was fine.
    I had created a face book group for the tour and about 30 people from it signed up before we left. I had actually arranged to meet the this guy and 2 of the girls the day before the tour to see NYC together.
    Who you are roomed with depends on how many others have booked in for 2 nights before the tour. A lot of people do travel by them selves on these tours too.
    You could create a group and post the link in the North American Meeting place- Grand Northern with the date you are doing the tour and see who responds
    Hope that helps

• 9 Jan 2011 Hol84 said

Default_avatar

You’ll be fine. Remember they are probably in the exactly the same situation as you..and are probably thinking the same thing!

Also, I am about to book onto this tour as well! Although, I wont be going solo. But can’t wait!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion