Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Differing Itinerary

16 Jan 2008 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar
I received my documents and paperwork for my tours the other day and noticed theres a difference in the itinerary between the one Contiki sent out and website & brochure. Im doing the LA Scene on Feb 17.

The website and brochure show the tour starting the morning of day 1, but the itinerary contiki sent me says its starting 5pm on day 1.

Day 2 of the contiki paperwork shows what the website and brochure indicate as day 1 activities

And only 1 free day on the paperwork, the website and brochure says 2 free days.

Contiki paperwork shows Universal Studios as the optional, but the website and brochure shows that as well as The OC, Disneyland etc.

Just wondering if anyone who has done this tour may have received this differing itinerary and knows which one is accurate. Im not fussed as to which one is correct. I just want to know so I can plan my free time to work around either free days on day 2 and 3 or free days on day 1 (until 5pm) and day 3.

Hope this all makes sense.
Thanks guys
Aaron
  • 16 Jan 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

I would call Contiki just to verify that things haven’t changed.

• 17 Jan 2008 Mic said

Default_avatar

SthOzLand – I’m doing this tour in March so I’m interested to find out what Contiki says if you contact them about it.

• 22 Jan 2008 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

G’Day Mic,

I called Contiki today to confirm and they said the brochure / website itinerary is correct and the tour starts the morning of day 1 and not in the evening like it states in the documents I was sent.

• 22 Jan 2008 Mic said

Default_avatar

Great. Thanks for that.

• 1 Mar 2008 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, just thought i’d let you know I just got back from the states and it turns out the paperwork was right. The tour started at 5pm (just a meeting and a dinner) on day 1, even though Contiki Australia told me it started 7am day one. Kinda disappointed in the incorrect information being given, 2 others were in the same situation as me. But I still had a great time.

• 1 Mar 2008 Mic said

Default_avatar

How vital is the meeting? I’m thinking if heading out to Disney for the day.
    5pm is a very strange starting time.

• 3 Mar 2008 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Well as it turned out myself and the two other people who were told a 7am start made our own way into LA and Hollywood for the day not knowing what was happening with the tour. We missed a bit of the meeting because we were on a train back to Anaheim. They pretty much just go over what happens on the tour and you sign up for the optionals. They have a dinner afterwards. There should be a day sheet posted up in the lobby of the hotel telling you what time the dinner is if you wanted to make that and what time the coach leaves the next morning.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.