Community_discussions_small  

Comment

excess baggage

10 May 2008 JocelynEuroExperienceSept1 said

JocelynEuroExperienceSept1
Just wondering, if i find during the trip that i cant fit everything in my non expandable suitcase... would it be ok to purchase some other kind of bag to carry accumulated things??
  • 11 May 2008 JocelynEuroExperienceSept1 said

Im not concerned with the plane luggage situation.. just as long as i can take an extra bag on the bus and get away with it..

• 14 May 2008 Daisy said

Daisy

I went on the European Discovery trip last year and my friend and I ended up buying an extra bag in Florence in order to fit all the stuff we bought during the trip. Our driver and our tour guide had no problem with it. They let us put it in the luggage compartment under the bus along with everybody else’s souvenir purchases. There were about 40+ of us in the tour total and there was still plenty of room in the luggage compartment for our extra stuff.

• 14 May 2008 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

hey Jocelyn
    It really depends on how many people there are on your tour. Usually you only get your one main bag then possibly a small sports bag or something for souvenirs but if everyone has large bags it could be a problem. On my last trip we ran out of space about half way through so people had to limit what they accumulated because it just wouldn’t fit on.
    Maybe you could try sending some souvenirs home along the way.
    Most countries charge you a reasonable price when you send items home under 2kg…Sending a few boxes along the way will probably stop you from gaining too much stuff…a small extra bag is probably ok though just assess the situation when you get on tour.

• 14 May 2008 JocelynEuroExperienceSept1 said

Thanks.. useful information!

• 14 May 2008 Danni said

Default_avatar

hey, im not taking the maximum limit of suitcase size so hopefully when i have to much i can use my spare bag and they will let me.

Thanks for the advice

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.