Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern Jan 30th 2014 (LA - NY)

13 Jun 2013 Jasmine3 asked

Jasmine3

Heya! :)

Just wanting to see who will be going on the Grand Southern Tour Jan 30th 2014 LA - NY?
I know its ages away but IM SO EXCITED!!

Will be contiking by myself so would love to meet up with fellow travelers before the tour? And I need some advice on what to do in NY after the tour?

• 22 Jun 2013 Alana said

Alana

Hey there,
    I’m booking this trip next week and I’ll be going on my own too! So excited :-)

• 22 Jun 2013 bronn said

bronn

hey im not doing that tour but i would suggest doing the new york uncovered =) do your 26day tour book 2 days post tour at the same hotel ( at the cheap rate) to rest and wash clothes and book the 3/4 day new york uncovered it gives you a 7 day metro pass that you can use before the newyork tour starts =) and maybe book a extra night after that one finishes, thats what im doing in aug 2014 but im doing the ny uncovered than the grand northern =) happy travels

• 24 Jun 2013 Jasmine3 said

Jasmine3

Hi Alana, Awesome! Are you going on these dates? Very excited, is this your first time in America?

Hey Bronn, Yeah I was thinking maybe doing a small NY contiki tour just so I get to see everything there :) Thanks for the idea! :)

• 24 Jun 2013 Alana said

Alana

Yeah, I’m going on those dates :-) This will be my first time to America! When do you get to LA?

• 25 Jun 2013 Jasmine3 said

Jasmine3

Yay how exciting :) I haven’t booked my flights over yet, trying to decide when to go, thinking about 4 or 5 days before the Contiki starts. What about yourself?

• 25 Jun 2013 Alana said

Alana

Yeah I’m still trying to decide as well! I was thinking the same, about 4-5 days in LA and at the end in NY :)

• 26 Jun 2013 Jasmine3 said

Jasmine3

Yeah that should be enough time in each :) Awesome, well I will keep in contact with you! :)

• 26 Jun 2013 Jasmine3 said

Jasmine3

Yeah that should be enough time in each :) Awesome, well I will keep in contact with you! :)

• 26 Jun 2013 bronn said

bronn

i would suggest not to do the la explorer as your accomidation is in down town la and there is nothing really there, theres some dodgy markets with chickens running around, the sort of place where you dont really want to leave your room. Down Town la is 15 minutes by car ( with no traffic) and there’s no real easy transport to ‘Hollywood’/ shopping so it would be a expense to get to see everything

• 26 Jun 2013 Alana said

Alana

Excellent, keep me posted on what date you’re getting to LA! We can organise to meet before the tour starts :-)

• 28 Jun 2013 Jasmine3 said

Jasmine3

Yeah for LA I’m planning on staying at a backpackers right in LA between Sunset Boulevard and some other street (real central anyway) & hopefully do things that way :) Yeah I will let you know when I find out my dates, eee so exciting :)

• 28 Jun 2013 Jen Taylor said

Jen Taylor

Hey,

Ive booked to go on the Southern Adventure from 30th Jan so Ill be on the same tour for half of yours!
    Doing LA & San Diego before so might see you girls around – staying at USA Hostels Hollywood :)
    (After going to New York and Hawaii)

Also first time traveller to the US :)

• 3 Jul 2013 Jasmine3 said

Jasmine3

Hey Jen,

Oh cool the USA Hostel is where I’m staying too :) Will most likely see you there :)

• 13 Jul 2013 Alfry said

Alfry

Hey! I am booking this tour in the next couple of days! I am also travelling solo and would definitely be keen to meet up in LA before the tour! I’m thinking of arriving around the same as you guys 4-5 days before the tour starts! So excited already!

• 15 Jul 2013 Jasmine3 said

Jasmine3

Hey awesome! Good to see there’s a few solo travelers :D Will definitely organize a meet up before in LA :)

• 1 Aug 2013 Lee-Anne said

Default_avatar

Hi :-)
    My boyfriend and I booked this tour yesterday! So Excited!!
    We are doing an 8 month trip, USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe and the UK.

• 5 Aug 2013 Alfry said

Alfry

I’m thinking of making a fb group for the tour. We had one for our tour in europe and it was really good to chat to people before the tour and easy to make some plans to meet up!

• 5 Aug 2013 Jasmine3 said

Jasmine3

Hey Lee-Anne, Nice 8 months! Sounds amazing! :)
    That would be cool, saves having to log into here all the time & make plans :)

• 5 Aug 2013 Travis said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m Travis (Lee-Anne’s boyfriend) Can’t wait for this trip. I reckon a Facebook page is a great idea.

• 5 Aug 2013 Alfry said

Alfry

hopefully this works! Just try to join and Ill click accept whenever Im on! https://www.facebook.com/groups/184162718427732/

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion