Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern Jan 30th 2014 (LA - NY)

13 Jun 2013 Jasmine3 asked

Jasmine3

Heya! :)

Just wanting to see who will be going on the Grand Southern Tour Jan 30th 2014 LA - NY?
I know its ages away but IM SO EXCITED!!

Will be contiking by myself so would love to meet up with fellow travelers before the tour? And I need some advice on what to do in NY after the tour?

• 5 Aug 2013 Travis said

Default_avatar

It isn’t working for me at the moment. I’ll try it later on. It’s saying the link doesn’t work

• 5 Aug 2013 Alfry said

Alfry

I linked it to my sister and she said it worked. Because its a private group you just have to ask to join. Alternatively you can add me on fb and I can just add you to the group myself. Whatever works! https://www.facebook.com/Frypants

• 6 Aug 2013 Grace said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys I’m Grace from New Zealand!

I will be doing the Eastern Discovery tour February 2014. Which I believe joins the Grand Southern tour (January 30th, the one you guys are doing ) in New Orleans.
    I’m travelling solo and have already been to the states before (California- Las Vegas ect) so I don’t see the point in doing the LA- Texas ect part of the tour.
    But I still will be spending 2 weeks with you guys from New Orleans to NY, well that’s what I think from what I have been told about how Contiki runs it tours.
    It would be cool to chat with you guys before the trip! So excited!
    Quick question, are any of you guys younger then 21? Ie wont be able to drink is the US?
    Cheers Gracie

• 6 Aug 2013 Alfry said

Alfry

No Sorry, Im 21! but two of my friends who werent did it, they still drunk all the time its just clubs that you cant drink in!

• 6 Aug 2013 Grace said

Default_avatar

Hey Alfry
    Oh its good to know that its not that strict then, everyone’s been telling me its super strict but Im hoping to find a way round the whole being 19 thing haha

• 6 Aug 2013 Alfry said

Alfry

dw you will, we will make sure haha.

• 6 Aug 2013 Grace said

Default_avatar

So how long is everyone thinking of staying in New York after the tour? :)

• 6 Aug 2013 Alfry said

Alfry

I decided to do the 4 day contiki in New York (starts the day after our tour ends), friends recommended it, they said it was a cheaper way too see everything and includes accomodation! It will be around 5-6 days all up I’m guessing. How about you?

• 6 Aug 2013 Grace said

Default_avatar

That sounds awesome! I’m thinking of staying 10days in NY just going it alone. But I’m gonna spend 3 days of that on a trip to Canada, so I can go to Niagara falls and Toronto were I can actually legally drink woop woop haha. Then off to LA for a few days so I can fly home.
    Its so far away but still so exciting! Have you been before?

• 6 Aug 2013 Alfry said

Alfry

No I havn’t so I am super excited! I tried to make a fb page so it was easier for us to all talk! It’s https://www.facebook.com/groups/184162718427732/ Travis had trouble finding it but I changed the privacy settings so that might help!

• 6 Aug 2013 Grace said

Default_avatar

Oh cool, I just joined :)

• 6 Aug 2013 Travis said

Default_avatar

Hi Grace, me and Lee-Anne are only staying in New York for one night, as we fly straight back to LA for another tour. Can’t wait. I was reading the whole tour today and looks like we are going to be doing some awesome stuff.

Oh, that link works too now. Awesome stuff.

• 6 Aug 2013 Grace said

Default_avatar

Hey Travis,
    That sound sweat doing another tour, what tour are you doing? different country or?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion