Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Sep 22nd to Oct 11th 2008

23 Mar 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar
Hey guyz,
Now I am absolutely freaking out because bout this trip as I have never ever done anything likes this before…I’m like the most boring 21 year old I swear cause all I do is work, Rarely go out so work and sleep is pretty much all I do.
But I have planned this trip for something exciting…going on my own so I’m already holding my breath and goin blue in the face with fear.
I’m from Australia and would like to know what the plane trip is like to London, not really a fan on flying and I have never been on a plane longer then an hour and a half haha so I’m in for a shock….plus when the plane stop for change over or re fueling is it possible to get lost at the other air ports when finding ya next plane.
What happens when ya get to London…where do you go from there? I would be like yeah cool made it here now what am I supposed to do haha find a bar for a drink I’m sure that will come to mind but yeah…
Any who will head off and leave yas to it…any one have any tips please feel free to share and care lol
Thanks for your time
Nikki
  • 24 Mar 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Hi Nikki

I can’t give you much advice about the trip as I haven’t been on a flight that long either. Just wondering when you are going and from which city? I am departing Adelaide on 16th September for this same tour as we are travelling to Spain first.

Travel advice like that might be best off in a different forum as people here are just trying to meet the people that will be on their tour.

Cheers
    Jess

• 25 Mar 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

hey jess
    thank heaps….i posted in this bit to hopefully meet some people going on the same trip as well as get some advice as i have never ever done anything like this…im would watch ya call i homebody.
    i will be leaving from melbourne so yeah cant wait but also scary thinkin bout it too haha
    cheerio thanks for posting back

• 31 Mar 2008 Explorer1095001 said

Default_avatar

hey nikki, i havent yet booked my tour, but i will probably this week so im pretty nervous, as im going alone, and havent really travelled before. im im 20 …turnig 21 from brisbane, where are you from? renee. if you have msn at me rennydale@hotmail.com

• 1 Apr 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Hey guys maybe we should choose one of the posts and stick to it to make it easier. I started one earlier that Nikki must’ve missed.
    Jess

• 2 Apr 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

hey sorry jess no i didnt see the one you have started
    renee im 21 and fron victoria bout 3 hours from melbourne…i have never travelled before like at all lolmy first trip too qld was like only last year haha
    any who i have booked my trip and paid for lol wow im nervous as well….so there are my dates for sure now!!! yay

• 3 Apr 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Eh… no worries! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’ve been wanting to do a trip like this for about 3 years now so I’m not scared at all yet, just excited. The only thing scaring me is the cost of everything I have to get before I go!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Like I was saying in the other post, I’m from Adelaide… well actually about an hour out of Adelaide in the country. If you’re about 3 hours NW of Vic we might actually live quite close hehe.

When are you flying over there?

Jess

• 7 Apr 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

hey jess…

sorry it has taken me so long to reply the past dew days has been busy as all hell but keep checkin cause i will reply i always come to the website when i get a chance lol

I live in east gippy place called bairnsdale not to sure if you have heard of it but i bet you have heard of lake entrance so im like around that area lol

Im still freakin out cause doin something like this on my own and im sooooo scared i can just picture my self sittin in corner all quiet already haha

Im flyin out from melbourne on the 20th sep plane leave bout 11 that night and i get to spend a night in london before our tour starts so thats pretty cool this way if i get lost at the airport when i get there i will have heaps of time to find the hotel haha…look out for me i will be the blonde girl lookin like im bout to puke from nerves haha

and yes the cost of it all wow although i only just planned to do this in jan…and i cannot back out at all now as its all booked and paid but yes it is exciting and im actually doin something exciting in my life i just have a lot of self doubt in myself so i figure if i pay for it i wont back down..

anywho nough talkin bout me i shall let you do some now

take care mate
    nikki

• 7 Apr 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Hello!

Cool, I’ll keep checking!

I looked up the place where you live on google maps (as I had no idea)… it’s the opposite direction to me.

Are you staying at the Royal National? I haven’t booked yet but that’s where I (we) plan to stay on the Sunday night. I think we’ll only get in from Spain mid arvo but we could meet up then, or just when we have the meeting that night.

I plan to mingle with everyone at some stage of the tour – at least for the first we I don’t want to get cliquey with a particular group. I think that’ll probably be the best way to meet the most people and have the most varied experience (if that makes sense!!). The way I would think about it if I were you (going on my own) – you can be whoever you want on tour because no-one knows you – you could go there and be extroverted and outgoing and no-one would be any the wiser, or make you feel silly. You’re creating that perception while you are there so you can feel free to act however you like. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’ve made a facebook group for anyone who is interested in joining.

Contiki European Experience September 2008

• 10 Apr 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Hmmm… gonna be a small tour if it’s just us 4 that’s going to be on tour!!! Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 11 Apr 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

haha whats the chances of it just being us 4 lol…highly unlikely im thinking there…

any who jess found the thingy n face book and joined…and yeah i understand bout the minglyin and stuff…thats what its all bout as well hey…

yeah have book for a night at the royal national…do we have a meeting that night do we…haha

i just wish this thing would come faster i need a holiday already

• 12 Apr 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Yeah chances are pretty slim, guess people just haven’t found the discussion forums.

Don’t really know why I needed a group on facebook… guess I just wanted a reason to create one!!!

I’ve booked the Royal Nation now so all set. We do have a meeting, if you search for pre-departure meeting on the site it should tell you when (or just wait til you get your documents), it’s around 7pm I reckon at basement or in the hotel coffee shop.

Yeah I can’t wait to go…but still have heaps to do before we do… like get a passport!!!

What are you most looking forward to on tour?

• 19 Apr 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

what am i looking forward to most….haha getting on the plane and leaving the country haha..

i have heard so uch stuff bout these tours but i just cant wait till the day comes to fly out i guess…

still scared bout meeting a group of people but hey its all the fun though…

paris though always said i wanted to go to paris and im doin it never thought i would go through with this but i am yay…

what bout you what are you looking forward to the most

• 21 Apr 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Definitely looking forward to Paris the most!!! I’ve always wanted to go there as well, I hope it’s as romantic as it’s supposed to be!

Yeah I have my days-counter on and it’s just not ticking past quickly enough!!! I just want to leave today hehe Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’ve had several friends go on Contiki tours so I’ve been looking forward to this for eth last… 3 years! Glad it’s finally happening though.

I’m thinking that if we keep this post going, maybe people from our tour will look closer to the date.

• 23 Apr 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

haha im sure we can keep this thing going…sure we can find lots to talk about

but yes paris…im single so romance seems to be out the window for me atm haha

it is ticking away fast cause im thinking ive only got so much time to save money and then on the other hand im like i wish this thing would come sooner i need some excitment in my boring life

i have heard the contiki tours are great fun and ya can meet some really great life long friends and stuff…i guess the most im looking forward too is just doin it and being there because i have never done anything at all like this before…this is like wow out there for me haha

• 23 Apr 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

You just never know who you might meet on the tour… or throughout Europe even!! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

So who are you flying with? I’m with Malaysian airlines… hope their good! I think they should be okay because they’re one of the bigger carriers.

Have you done any research on the places we’re going to visit so you have some ideas of what to do and where to go when we have our free days?? I can’t actually figure out how many free days we have, it’s not very clear on the itinerary, but my friends say you get lots of time.

• 29 Apr 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Oh, and I’m going to book a tour of the Vatican to avoid the queues. I’ll look into more details like prices next week, but if you’re interested Nikki (and anyone else on this trip!) let me know!

• 30 Apr 2008 KcJoJo said

KcJoJo

Hi, my name is KC and Im now booked in for the European Experience (of a lifetime) Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    I haven’t posted anything before so excuse my ignorance…
    Um…. Im 26 y/o and going solo & bulk excited!!!

• 1 May 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Hi KC! It’s awesome to hear from you, so far we’ve only found 3 of us on this tour – not that I’m worried, because I’m sure it’ll be packed. So where are you from?? What are your travel plans?

Cheers
    Jess

• 1 May 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

hey lol sorry it tak me a while to get back here and reply..
    hey KC hows is going…
    lol jess explain tour of the vation like im a newbie here haha you have to wxpalin these jiggers to me i have noooo clue haha
    im flying wth qantas and no i havent done much research just yet but i plan to strt in the next week or so just got alot on my plate with work atm
    as for the free time im sure we will get heaps and and make the most of it lol i need to get myself a good camera lol that on my bloody long to do list at the moment…
    but hey just did my passport at the start of this week so at least that bit is all filled out and paid for so i dont have o worry bout that
    anyways guyz i better get to sleep
    talks to yous soon =-)

• 1 May 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Well I’m not 100% myself… I’ve just been reading these forums heaps to get a bit informed. I’m quite naive too… don’t worry!!!

Apparently the Vatican (Museum I think, and things like the Sistene Chapel are all together) in Vatican City gets huge queues. You can skip the queues by booking a tour in advance. The Vatican run tours themselves, and one of the moderators on here also recommended Angel Tours. I’ll look into the prices more and get back to you on here about them. I’m thinking it’ll be roughly 35-50 euros each.

I have to get myself a camera as well… mine always break when I go to QLD (???!!!!) and I went last December.

I’m actually filling out my passport forms now so hopefully that’ll be organised soon too.

Chao!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion