Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Sep 22nd to Oct 11th 2008

23 Mar 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar
Hey guyz,
Now I am absolutely freaking out because bout this trip as I have never ever done anything likes this before…I’m like the most boring 21 year old I swear cause all I do is work, Rarely go out so work and sleep is pretty much all I do.
But I have planned this trip for something exciting…going on my own so I’m already holding my breath and goin blue in the face with fear.
I’m from Australia and would like to know what the plane trip is like to London, not really a fan on flying and I have never been on a plane longer then an hour and a half haha so I’m in for a shock….plus when the plane stop for change over or re fueling is it possible to get lost at the other air ports when finding ya next plane.
What happens when ya get to London…where do you go from there? I would be like yeah cool made it here now what am I supposed to do haha find a bar for a drink I’m sure that will come to mind but yeah…
Any who will head off and leave yas to it…any one have any tips please feel free to share and care lol
Thanks for your time
Nikki
  • 6 May 2008 KcJoJo said

KcJoJo

Hey chicks!
    Im currently living in Mackay, QLD and working 2 jobs to save as much cash as possible!!
    Im flying with Edihad Air and arrive in London on the 19th, so I’ll have 3 nights in London to rest up, get over jet lagg, sort out mobile phone sim cards etc before the trip…
    I already have my passport organised, but am also going to organise a UK bank account before I go…
    I am staying in UK for 12 months and going to work & then travel as soon as I can…
    I really want to do a Greek Island hop (in summer) & go to Spain & also Egypt eventually…
    Are you gals just doing the Contiki or staying on as well??
    Anyways, im off home now… well to my 2nd job actually…
    Chat soon, KC

• 6 May 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

hey guyz,
    how are we all going…
    even though im a slow replying i will alwasy make it back otay haha

actully just got my passport back today…like unreal took less then 2 weeks to come thought it would have at least taken over a month…

KC i aarive in london on the 21st so i like get half a day in london…stayin at the royal national hotel…im only just doin the contiki tour…this is my first trip i have ever ever done like this before and im doin it on my own so yeah i thought 3 weeks would be long enough for my first trip to see if i acutally like traverling haha…****ting myself!!!

lol and i know what its like working 2 jobs…but unfortunalty i had to give my 2nd job up due to affecting my day job…pissed bout not earnin the extra cash but its all good i guess…really gotta nuckle down and not spend any money now so im a very boring person at the moment and i cant wait for this trip so i can just have a holiday and get away from my job lol.

lol and jess im seriously gonna sit down and do some bloody research cause i seriously just have no bloody idea hey…so im gonna look at booking stuff like you are and such…god im sooo stupid…i normally leave this to the last minute but with this i will make sure im organized haha silly me

is jet lagg really bad by the way…

cheerio guyz
    nikki

• 6 May 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Hey! We’re on here at the same time Nikki hehe.

Still haven’t sent my passport off!!

I’m just doing the Contiki as well. I’d like to work and travel Europe but my boyfriend is not keen – so I’m hoping this trip will get him to love Europe!!! hehehe

There are tips on this Contiki site somewhere about avoiding jet lag… maybe try a search.

I also haven’t done a lot of research either coz I haven’t had time but now I’ve finished studying for the year then I will be looking more. I’m pretty sure we don’t have to book the Vatican tour until about a month before – just putting it out there so I can find out who’s interested.

KC I’ve started a facebook group if you’re interested. Haven’t actually done anything on there but will be handy when we get back to share photos! Look on the first page for the link.

Catch yaz!

• 13 May 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

ello guyz,
    just thought i would say hi…im surprised that no one else has joined this convo hey…maybe it might be just us 3 hey jess haha just kiddin…

but yeah im shocked cant beleive my passport took less then 10 working days to get back to me unreal!!!

i still havent done much research but i have started a little as i just want to know a bit more knowledge bout europe haha….i still cant beleive i just booked and paid for this trip and havent really thought nuch bout it till now haha god im starting to get nervous is like 4 months to go not long now hey guyz!!!

anyways dont really have much to chat bout but as i said just wanted to say hi…hehe
    cheerio

• 13 May 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Four months still seems too far away!!! hehe.

Don’t worry, I keep meaning to do more research but there’s just so much stuff out there on the net!!!! And I’ve been looking up cameras, and portable hard drives, and suitcases and stuff. I’m getting a bit stressed out by it all really!!

I keep checking these boards ridiculously too often (not even going to say how often coz it’s waaaay too often!!).

I’m hoping there’s going to be more than just us Aussies on there… not that I don’t love us of course, but I think it’d be fun to have a good cultural mix with different people’s views and stuff.

I’m just raving now too coz I don’t have a lot to say yet… except that my passport interview is this Friday so yay!

• 17 May 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

hey everyone im laura 21 from New zealand im book to do this tour as well cant wait its going to be so much fun!!!!!!

• 19 May 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

hey laura welcome…great to see someone else joining in!!! Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 19 May 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

im so excited about the trip basically counting down the days ……… how r you guys going with sorting things out for it???? i havent done anything other that book it.

• 19 May 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Hi Lauren!

Welcome!!! It’s nice to start seeing someone not from Aus… not that I don’t like Aussies of course, but for some variety.

Well… I haven’t got my passport yet (in the process), I have got an umbrella, combination locks, power converters and money belts… that’s it!!! I have a 2 page long list of things hehe. Still have to get a suitcase and maybe a sleeping bag.

So do you have any extended travel plans while you’re there?

• 20 May 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

hey dude
    im leaving new zealand on the 1st september going to go to the north of england and hang with my family and friends for 3 weeks befor the contiki will more than likely head up there after the contiki for a couple of weeks atually other than that no lol. i managed to get 2 months of work which i didnt think id get…

i think iv got everything you havnt like the backpack, sleeping bag and thats all realy have get sorted rather than counting my sleeps down till i leave.

so nice to know ppl who r going wont feel so much like im going by myself.

laura

• 20 May 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

ok girls please share you packing list with me cause im stupid no doubt i have forgotten something on my list…lol

Default_avatar

hey think im going to forget something important i just know it figure if i do ill just get it over there
    travel pillow, sleepin bag , power converters, rain jacket, thermals coz im cold with anything under 15 degrees , a pair of walkin shoes, Jandels , keeping clothes down to a min (we’ll see how well that plan works out when i atually pack lol) thats all i can think of at the min

• 20 May 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Ok this is my list not including clothes, and I’ve compiled it from heaps of posts on the Contiki forums. It’s not complete yet though!

* Toilet seat covers & toilet paper
    * Hand sanitizer
    * Book to read
    * Silk sleeping bag liner (bed bugs)
    * Travel pillow
    * Multivitamins
    * Codral (have to check this isn’t banned yet due to drug-making capabilities)
    * Cold sore cream
    * Journal
    * Hair dryer with converter switch to convert voltage
    * Plastic bags
    * Ear plugs
    * Eye mask
    * Towel or swimming chamois (haven’t decided)
    * Important phone numbers like cc and bank
    * Travel adaptors
    * Sleeping bag
    * First aid kit
    * Money belt
    * Mini umbrella
    * Combination locks
    * Pegless clothesline
    * High speed memory card reader
    * Portable hard drive

Not as long as I thought and I’m pretty sure I’ll be adding more!

Default_avatar

wow hadnt even thought of most of those should realy start thinking about it

thanks heaps…

i was talking to a friend who went to europe last year she said dont carry around lonley planet guides as pick pockets look for it…

think i may make a check list tomorrow while im at work lol. (also get a stash of ear plugs to)

do you guys think it would be worth carrying one of the those 3 plug socket things so you can charge phone camera and ipod all at once? or just a waste of packing room???

• 20 May 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Do you mean a powerboard? I’m going to take one as my bf is coming with and I believe there’s only limited power points on the bus.

Default_avatar

yea thats the word i was looking for lol

• 21 May 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

wow have become addicted to reading the forms

• 21 May 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Yeah same!!! It’s a bit of a time waster at work… whoops!

• 21 May 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Hey Nikki, is where you live about 5-6 hours from Mildura?? hehe I only ask as I made a friend there last weekend called Travis, but that’s all I know about him. He’s 29 at the mo and interested in v8 supercars and speedboats… Lol! Stab in the dark but thought I’d ask!

• 21 May 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

sure does makes the day go fast anyways lol im all excited as i leave nz in 99 more sleeps. not that im counting or anything its nearly at the point i cant function all i think of is the trip and what i need to buy and how much money i need to save.. think everyones sick of me talking about it going to have to get some selfcontrol with this haha

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion