Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Sep 22nd to Oct 11th 2008

23 Mar 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar
Hey guyz,
Now I am absolutely freaking out because bout this trip as I have never ever done anything likes this before…I’m like the most boring 21 year old I swear cause all I do is work, Rarely go out so work and sleep is pretty much all I do.
But I have planned this trip for something exciting…going on my own so I’m already holding my breath and goin blue in the face with fear.
I’m from Australia and would like to know what the plane trip is like to London, not really a fan on flying and I have never been on a plane longer then an hour and a half haha so I’m in for a shock….plus when the plane stop for change over or re fueling is it possible to get lost at the other air ports when finding ya next plane.
What happens when ya get to London…where do you go from there? I would be like yeah cool made it here now what am I supposed to do haha find a bar for a drink I’m sure that will come to mind but yeah…
Any who will head off and leave yas to it…any one have any tips please feel free to share and care lol
Thanks for your time
Nikki
  • 11 Jun 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> poos i was looking forward to that one lol guess its not so bad coz at least its something you can do in r side out the world another time…. thanks god iv got thermals hahahahah

• 22 Jun 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Hey guys! Just thought I’d pop back and say hello coz it’s been quite a while (considering I check it everyday lol!).

Yeah I’ve come to the conclusion it’s okay we can’t do the rafting because we can do that back here in Aus. Though I’m definitely paragliding there – what a great way to see Austria!

Omigosh so much to do to get ready!!!! I must buy a suitcase hehehe.

• 22 Jun 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

i also check it everyday hahahaha
    time is sure ticking along quite quickly im basicly at the 2month mark be4 i leave woopwoop.
    im plaingin on doing all opitional activites im not missing out on anything HAHAHAHHA
    jess you proberly should get a suite case its only a minor detail hahahahh ….

Default_avatar

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Maybe I’ll look for one this coming weekend hehe.

• 22 Jun 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->yay im exctited for ya lol trip shopping is fun im done other than tha basics….
    i need shoes tho flat onces so there easy to pack im going to see my travel agent friday to sort out a place to stay the day befor the cotiki coz i was going to stay with my uncle but probs easyer to stay in town that night start to tip off how i plan to continue it at the PUB lol (my livers going to hate mee) Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Default_avatar

We’re staying at the Royal National. Just easy because we meet first thing in the morning downstairs. Will be good to go for a drink before and/or after the pre-departure meeting.

• 23 Jun 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

hey girls!!! I have been checkin everyday too haha and was all sad cause we have all been quite….I got my camera yesterday haha and all i have been doin is playing with it its sooo cute and it blue…so now i have a purple phone and a blue camera hehe. Im pretty much all set to go just gotta get a couple of minor things now and all good yay….
    speaking of suitcases i have been meaning to check mine just incase its to big lol i shall add that to my to do list…
    lol yes drinks that night before the trip sounds good im gonna need something to calm my nerves haha..
    well i hope your all well shall talk to you soon Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Jun 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> drinks be for and after sound good to me Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

yea thats the hotel im going to see about i had forgetting the size of london and the times we have to be there for the tour hahahah MINOR ERROR hahah

• 23 Jun 2008 tara said

Default_avatar

hi guys!
    my name is Tara, im almost 21 and come from victoria, australia.
    i only just completely paid for my tours today! im very exicted and very nervous as i am travelling alone.. lol.

cant believe how much u all have got to know eachother! i got some catching up to do! lol

• 23 Jun 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

lol we will be drunk before we get to the meeting haha…jk

Tara welcome!!!!! Nice to see someone new so dont worry bout catching up we can fill you in no worries!!! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Hey I’m also 21 and from Victoria where about are you…im from Bairnsdale in east gippsland.. lol if it makes ya feel any better im nervous too and going by myself

• 23 Jun 2008 karlsgirl said

karlsgirl

hey guys!
    well i wish i had time to check on here everyday… or i wish i remembered to do it when i do have time! lol! id better get my act together!
    im liking the sound of these drinks the night before we leave. we are staying at the royal national as well.. should be good!
    im going to start looking for warm clothes very soon and get people to buy them for my bday.. coz its a couple of weeks before we leave.
    i know someone that did this tour a few years ago and she said the paragliding thing in austria is absolutely awesome… so im really looking forward to that! pretty sure we are going to do all of the optional excursions coz they all sound great.
    wow ive been rambling for a while here.. haha
    welcome to the group tara!!

• 23 Jun 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Welcome Tara! Lol! If you read back over our posts we really have just been babbling on (well I have!!) hehe. Probably so people at home don’t get sick of us being excited about the trip!!!

Cool well we can organise drinks then… a bit closer to the date. I’m not exactly sure what time I’m getting back to London on the Sunday – we’ve decided to go to Ireland and England now instead of Spain due to flying times!!

Jess, I REALLY shouldn’t check it as much as I do – but I work at a computer and sometimes… a bit tooooo frequently…. I get frustrated or bored with my work!!

I know there’s so much I have to organise before I go… but it’s all gone out of my head so I dunno what to do next!!! (besides the suitcase hehe).

• 23 Jun 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

WELCOME TARA

im 21 also and traveling alone. ppl say its the best way to do it…

iv also got the bday list going to hahahahahha atually dont know wat id do if it wast be4 i go lol

its a good job my work doesnt get the internet coz id never get anything done haha

talk to u guys later

• 24 Jun 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

….guess what everyone…. we won’t be on your trip anymore Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> I just had a phone call from STA Travel – seems there has been a communication issue between STA and Contiki and they didn’t book us on the trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We’re fully paid and everything.

However, they will be working their butts off and doing everything they can to get us on another trip (as it’s fully booked out!), which may be a Timeout tour for no extra $$. They will even pay for any required flight changes and whatever.

I’m so disappointed I won’t get to meet you guys now – all other trips seem to go in the other direction. Once we know which trip we’re on, I’ll compare and see whether we cross over somewhere! Will let you know.

• 25 Jun 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

omg god jess im so sorry to hear about the stuff around…awww ive been talkin to ya for ages and was lookin forward to meeting yous Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->.

keeps us posted and hope all works out for you!!! good to know that are gonna pay for there f**k up …cant beleive thats happen Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

• 25 Jun 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

OMG thats so crap!!!! communication issue in other words your travel agent F*&%ed it up…..
    hope they sort it all out for you..
    and you get on A TIME OUT tour, im sure r tours will cross paths……

• 26 Jun 2008 karlsgirl said

karlsgirl

wow that really sux! hope you get a great trip whatever happens!

• 26 Jun 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Hey thanks guys. Still so disappointed – do you know how long it took me to pick this trip???!!! We’re currently looking at Euro Inspiration or Vista (hoping for the latter but depends on availability).

Catch ya!

• 29 Jun 2008 tara said

Default_avatar

i really have to go on here more often!
    sorry to hear about ur trip jess.
    thanku all for welcoming me..
    nikki i am from devon meadows.. its about 5-10mins from cranbourne in the south eastern suburbs.. if u have heard of it.. i fly out of melbourne on the 28th of august.. i am doing a great britain n southern ireland contiki tour first.. r u just doing this tour?

• 29 Jun 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> hey guys well another week less to wait hahaha i made my boss do the next roster coz im not on it …. 8 weeks tomorrow im gone EXCITITNG Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.