Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Sep 22nd to Oct 11th 2008

23 Mar 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar
Hey guyz,
Now I am absolutely freaking out because bout this trip as I have never ever done anything likes this before…I’m like the most boring 21 year old I swear cause all I do is work, Rarely go out so work and sleep is pretty much all I do.
But I have planned this trip for something exciting…going on my own so I’m already holding my breath and goin blue in the face with fear.
I’m from Australia and would like to know what the plane trip is like to London, not really a fan on flying and I have never been on a plane longer then an hour and a half haha so I’m in for a shock….plus when the plane stop for change over or re fueling is it possible to get lost at the other air ports when finding ya next plane.
What happens when ya get to London…where do you go from there? I would be like yeah cool made it here now what am I supposed to do haha find a bar for a drink I’m sure that will come to mind but yeah…
Any who will head off and leave yas to it…any one have any tips please feel free to share and care lol
Thanks for your time
Nikki
  • 2 Jul 2008 laura021 said

Default_avatar

well guys i whent to the travel agent today to book my hotle the night be4 the tour and guess wat LAURAS NOT BOOKED ON THE TOUR EITHER sooooooooooooooooooooo now im having the same issues as jess and ben ……… there trying to sort it all out but looks like ill be doing a timeout tour to o well ill get over it Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

Default_avatar

hey me agian was thinking proberly a good idea for all of you to get a hold of ya travel agent and just check thats you booking hasnt been F*(ked up…
    i think my agents sorted out a timeout tour for me the european inspiration fingers crossed Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:--> Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

i atually cant belive it happend
    jess wich one r you guys doing …
    arughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i was speachless for the first time EVER and thats saying something

think im more upset about not meeting you guys
    o well im going now to have a strong vodka and family size chocolate bar hahahahahhah talk to you guys later

• 2 Jul 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

Laura… ARE YOU SERIOUS?? I seriously thought you were joking when you said that – I can’t believe it’s happened again!! Who did you book the tour through?

We’re doing European Vista starting 20th Sep – 10th Oct. If you can get on that there’s plenty of spaces! We couldn’t get on the Inspiration tour we wanted (22nd) because it was full and I didn’t want the 20th coz we’re supposed to meet some friends for Oktoberfest.

Euro Vista is a lot more expensive but demand it if that’s what you want. I gave them an ultimatum basically and said I want an answer by the end of this week. I need to be in Munich xxxx… find me a trip! He come back with the Vista and the Impressions and I said I don’t like the Impressions… so now we’re on the Vista. And it’s not costing us a cent extra obviously because it was their stuff up.

I CANNOT believe this has happened to both of us!!!!!!

Default_avatar

im going to see them tomorrow can you give me the basic differance between the 2 coz my agents book the inspiration 20th – 8th i said i had to go beer fest thats the main reason iv waited sooooo long…
    aurgh im sooooo soo sooooooooooo frustrated with the hole thing

• 2 Jul 2008 Jess-ade said

Default_avatar

I have actually compared them but my sheet is at home so I’ll give a few basics from what I can think of.
    - Vista goes Paris to Amsterdam
    - Inspiration goes Amsterdam to Paris
    - Inspiration goes to Berlin, Vista doesn’t
    - Inspiration has 2 nights in Munich, Vista has 1
    - Inspiration goes to Barcelona, Vista doesn’t
    - Inspiration passes through Austrian Tyrol, Vista stays there 1 or 2 nights (paragliding)
    - Vista stay in Vienna 1 night, Inspiration doesn’t.
    - Vista does French Riviera, Inspiration doesn’t

And MOST of all, Ben and I are on the Vista not the Inspiration Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> lol! just kidding (but we are on it).

• 7 Jul 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

awww its so sad you girls arnt coming any more….its gone all quiet on here now =-(

ok so how is everyone else going…just thought i would say hello and stuff…

hope your all well =-) cheerio

• 10 Jul 2008 karlsgirl said

karlsgirl

hey nic!
    its ok.. im still here!
    been a bit busy this past week!
    i cant believe its only 10 weeks till we go! so exciting!

• 10 Jul 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

i know hey 10 weeks is coming up quick….
    i think im pretty much all set to go i hope…

• 13 Jul 2008 karlsgirl said

karlsgirl

i dont think im set to go yet! still some things i have to get! but hopefully i will have it all organised in the next couple of weeks!

• 17 Jul 2008 karlsgirl said

karlsgirl

its so quiet on here now that laura and jess are gone! no-one posts anything anymore… where are all the people?

• 17 Jul 2008 KcJoJo said

KcJoJo

Hello,
    OMG Just signed in to see half of us are gone..
    Im still def coming!
    I dont feel very organised at the moment though, Im still waiting for my working visa to come back & haven’t even got a suitcase yet, but other things are falling into place.
    Hey – what type of sleeping bag have you got? Do we need one for under 10 degrees do you think?
    Also have you worked out how much clothing your taking yet & what are you going to wear on the plane over?? They say to wear loose fitting comfy clothing, but I dont want to look like a dag!! So many questions LOL
    Take care girls.. have a funky weekend!
    kc

• 18 Jul 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

hey jess…i know it is very quiet now on here…i dont think there is really enyone else other then us on here….so since its quiet i will have a ramble for ya haha…

lol mum and dad just brought me a travel journal its so cute lol so thats one more then i can cross off my list…i just need a couple more memeroy cards for my camera and a spare battery and a day bag thing…so thats bout all i need for now…

haha im getting really scared bout this trip now…only 65 days to go. I have never done anything like this and im a pretty shy quiet person and i booked and paid for this trip so i couldnt back out of it lol never ever thought bout traveling till january this year so i think i am still in shocked that i am actually going…

what are you looking forward to the most? i have no idea so many places to see and go hey…im hoping im not the only loner on the trip thats scared lol…i booked a transfer the other day so someone will be there to pick me up from the london airport cause i thought knowing me i would get myself lost trying to find the royal national hotel…

well i best be off so i hope this has cheered you up cause its sad hey looking on here and its so quiet so this will give you something to read for a couple of mintues lol…

take care, talk soon =-)

• 18 Jul 2008 karlsgirl said

karlsgirl

aww thanks nic! that was fabulous having something to read! lol!
    im sure you wont be the only one that is scared! but as soon as the tour starts you will be having way too good a time to be scared anymore!
    i think im most looking forward to paris… and all of italy! i dont really know what to expect though..
    and welcome back kc… havnt seen you on here in a while! glad you are still coming…we dont want to lose anyone else! im still waiting for my visa as well… hopefully it comes soon!
    i am going to get a sleeping bag when i get to london coz i dont want to have to sacrifice anything to fit it in my suitcase! but yeah i would say the warmer the better probably… but thats coz i cant sleep when im too cold!
    i think i will probably wear jeans on the flight over coz they are comfy for me but i think i will pack a set of clothes in my carry on bag too so i can change if i want!

what date are you girls flying out?

talk soon xx

• 23 Jul 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

Hey guyz,
    lol sorry took me a few days to get back here. Glad to hear that you are coming on the trip for sure KC yes tad sad that a few got stuffed round but sounds like they are all sorted and have an even better trip.

I have my sleeping bag and its one that will keep me warm if its 0 if gets below that then im gonna freeze haha!! fun fun

Just brought my suitcase the other day so i am gonna have to have a practice pack and find some friggin scales so i can double check that it not over 20kg dame weight limit thingy and suitcase certain size…its crap lol!!!

On my to do list next week is get my carmera stuff and day bag and i am all ready and set to go!!! yay 60 days to go lol im looking forward to have 3 weeks of work and just getting away from everything so jess i think thats what im looking forward to most lol…

ok i think i have just ran out of stuff to talk about lol!!! Hope you guyz are all well
    Talk to yous soon
    Cheerio =-)

• 31 Jul 2008 karlsgirl said

karlsgirl

oh my god i have been so busy this past week i havnt had any time to do anything for the trip! its crazy and its getting so close! arrggh!!!

• 14 Aug 2008 KcJoJo said

KcJoJo

Hey Galz

How are you? Im well, thanks =)

I only have one week of work left now (both jobs) Im so over working!! Really looking forward to this holiday!!

I don’t know what city/country Im looking forward too most.. But am really looking forward to partyin’ (hard) in Amsterdam on our last few nights together..

Oh I got my work visa back – Approved!! YAY So im all set to work after the tour… But am now thinking of hiring a Wicked Van in London and driving up to Scotland and then over to Ireland before coming back to London to work!! Every time I see a Wicked Van on the street I just dream of me cruising around in one LOL

Hey Nic, how did you book your transfer from the airport? Is it from Heathrow to the Royal National? & how much was it?? I fly in at about 7.30 in the morning, & I am nervous about traveling on the tube bymyslef, as soon as I get there!!! If you could fill me in, would be much appreciated…

So when do you actually fly into London???

I have 3 nights at the RN before the tour & excited about going on the eye, big red bus tours etc!!

Its only 34 days until I leave Aus & I havent even got a suitcase yet!! I know..slack hey.. I just cant find one that I like!! & they are so small!! We’ll have to buy all new clothes over there! Damm {hehe} Actually I am looking forward to Italy – new leather boots!!

But everything else is kinda packed, got all the big stuff off my list so thats good.

Anyway Im just rambling now..sorry to bore you!

Can you believe we will meet in just over a month!!

Have a great weekend gals!

Peace Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 18 Aug 2008 NicSta said

Default_avatar

Hey Kc,
    Good to hear you are well. I can’t believe you are finishing work up already and bout to head off. God I wish I was finishing up at work this week the place to currently doing my head in. constant headache it is.

Yes Amsterdam ha-ha I think it will be an interesting experience there lol. Will have to take many photos there indeed!

Good stuff bout getting you working visa! Also what’s a wicked van ha-ha never heard of one. I shall have to look that one up!!!

Kc with my transfer I just asked my travel agent and she booked it all for me. And yes someone will be there at Heathrow airport to pick me up and take me straight to the royal national. I was scared about catching the tube myself as well so I thought this way would be better and I don’t have to worry about getting myself lost cause knowing me I would!

I fly out on the 20th September and get to London on the Sunday round 1pm so yes didn’t give me much time to recover from jet lag unfortunately but oh wells I’m not worried cant wait still scared but I think the excitement is starting to take over the nerves!

Yes dame the suitcases having to be so small lol lucky its only the first day our suitcase has it weigh under 20k ha-ha I would be f@*ked after the first day I think lol.
    Oooo Italy new leather boots…hell yes I am I boot lover for sure!!! We shall have to go shopping together ha-ha.

Hey jess how are you going? Haven’t heard from you in ages! How many more days to go for you and are you all organized.
    I’m pretty sure I am set to go…well I hope so anything I forget or need will just have to buy along the way but yes all big stuff on the list is all checked off!

Ok so I have 34 days to go!!! On the count down!

Take care girls…and just think see ya soon =-)

• 18 Aug 2008 Brad said

Default_avatar

Hi All, Just found this forum and it’s good to read about some other people who are heading on this tour….I’m really excited about this tour, especially oktoberfest!! I’m already here in the Uk, it’s my second six month stint playing cricket in the uk and this tour is my first real oppertunity to get out and about to see things…except a couple of days in amsterdam last year…which was very cool Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> !! Well Here’s hoping the next few weeks go quick and the fun can begin!!!
    Chat to you soon,

Brad Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 18 Aug 2008 Cola said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    OMG. 4 weeks and counting. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    Cant wait. Im going with one of my mates and its my first big trip oversea’s (besides Vanuatu)
    Cant wait to meet everyone and have a few hard earned drinks.. WoooWooo..
    See you soon.
    P.S. Is anyone doing a stop over in Hong Kong before the tour begins?
    And where are people staying the night before the tour begins?
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Aug 2008 karlsgirl said

karlsgirl

well hello all! i havnt written on here in ages coz nobody else had been and now all of a sudden there has been heaps of posts!
    its all getting so exciting! i think im pretty ready! my visa just came through last week so it is a relief to have that all done!
    we dont have any transfers from the airport organised… not sure if we will. im not so scared about the tube coz i wont be alone.. but i might still look into to tranfers! we are leaving on the 20th and get to london at 6am on the 21st so we dont really have much time to recover from jetlag either!
    im so excited… i cant believe we will all meet in 4 weeks! cant wait!
    talk to you all soon!!!
    jess xx

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.