Community_discussions_small  

Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

Comment

oktoberfest

19 Jun 2009 kristy uk & europe09 said

Default_avatar
hi everyone im a bit confused our 12th sep contrasts tour said we will be in munich DURING oktoberfest, i found out today that contiki dosent have a excursion into a beer tent, there is baverian beer hall but this is not part of oktoberfest... did anyone have any prob getting into a tent if u went to octoberfest? is there any particular tent u reccomend??? any info would be appreciated<BR>cheers kristy australia
  • Read the responses 3 responses so far
  • 20 Jun 2009 Ads said

Default_avatar

Hi Kristy

I’m Adrian from Adelaide.

I’m planning on heading to Munich during Oktoberfest, but haven’t planned anything as yet.

Let me kno if u r interested.

Cheers,

Ads

• 21 Jun 2009 Leigh said

Default_avatar

So did you talk to someone at contiki about it? Do you know for sure that Contiki doesn’t take the group into oktoberfest?

• 22 Jun 2009 Twisty said

Default_avatar

Contiki generalises “bavarian beer hall” so people feel they arent railroaded into going to a particular beerhall. There are roughly 20 different kinds of beer halls at Oktoberfest and you can go wherever you like. Or not even go to a beer hall at all!

The tour I went on last year, we all decided to go to the Lowenbrau beer hall. Its a common beer that you can buy here in australia if you want to sample it before you go.

I cant imagine Contiki not taking you to oktoberfest if you are there while its being celebrated.

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions