Community_discussions_small  

Question

Getting from Airport to Hotel alone

15 Jun 2013 Louisa asked

Louisa

Hi everyone I'm really anxious about getting from the airport to the hotel on my own. Im only 18 (19 in sept) and I've never travelled on my own abroad before. I was wondering what advice people could give me about being safe and getting to the hotel on my own.
Any help at all would be much appreciated. I'm doing California Highlights and I need to get from LAX to Harrahs.

• 15 Jun 2013 Crawf33 said

Crawf33

Louisa you’re probably best off hopping a cheap flight from LAX to McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas the day before your departure. It’s less than an hour in the air and there are dozens of airlines that operate that route, so it’s quick AND relatively cheap. You should be able to snag a one-way flight for under $100.

Otherwise you’re looking at a Greyhound bus from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, which could end up taking you half a day and let’s face it, Greyhound coaches aren’t half as good as Contiki buses. It’s a long drive from LA to Vegas.

Once you’ve booked a flight into Las Vegas, you can organise a Super Shuttle (www.supershuttle.com) to pick you up at the Ground Transportation area and drop you directly to Harrah’s. Bear in mind when booking that most hotels won’t let you check in until 2-3pm, so if you arrive earlier you’d have to leave your luggage there and explore on your own until check-in time.

• 16 Jun 2013 Louisa said

Louisa

Oh my gosh! So sorry! The auto correct on my phone changed it. I actually meant LAS Airport. I’m so sorry for misleading you. Thank you for such good advice though, I really do appreciate it.

• 16 Jun 2013 Crawf33 said

Crawf33

Well in that case, only the last paragraph applies!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion