29 Mar 2007 MickeyB asked

hi everyone<BR>i am doing the contki panorama which is for 28 days. i guess i will be doing a bit of hand washing which is fine, but does anyone know if there will be an iron in the hotel room? i wont be ironing all my clothes of course, but just a couple of items that i will take will need an iron after a wash!!
  • 29 Mar 2007 Dominique10 said

Hey there!

Unfortunately there isn’t an iron in the room that you can use. You can always ask hotel reception if they have one that you can use. When i went to France 2 years ago, someone was able to borrow an iron from front reception. If you are still a bit unsure, you can always get a little travel one. They’re usually pretty good and do the job Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->.

• 30 Mar 2007 CdnWanderer said

If you can find it where you live, there’s a spray called Wrinkle-Free Fabric Relaxant that actually works quite well (and is apparently safe for your fabrics). Use it only if you really need to, though, because it takes quite a bit if your clothes are really wrinkled and you’ll run out pretty quickly!

I took a small (15g/3oz) bottle on my last Contiki for those times I couldn’t get to an iron – it really came in handy!

• 1 Apr 2007 Maurshei said

I actually read a few months ago about a great way to iron while traveling without an iron. I’ve used it a few times myself at home and it works. Place the item to be ironed on a flat surface and mist it with water from a spray bottle. Smooth the wrinkles out with your hands. You want to make the item slightly damp. I’ve tried this technique on a variety of fabrics and it has worked. I haven’t tried this on dry cleaning clothes. I definitely plan to use this on tour. It is so much easier to lug around a 1 fluid ounce spray bottle than an iron. When are you going on the Panorama tour? I’m on the September 1st tour.

• 1 Apr 2007 MickeyB said

thanks everyone for your help! think will investigate more into that spray and see if any others may have a travel iron. I am doing the panorama departing 6th August :-)

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.