Community_discussions_small  

Question

ironing?

29 Mar 2007 MickeyB asked

Default_avatar
hi everyone
i am doing the contki panorama which is for 28 days. i guess i will be doing a bit of hand washing which is fine, but does anyone know if there will be an iron in the hotel room? i wont be ironing all my clothes of course, but just a couple of items that i will take will need an iron after a wash!!
  • 29 Mar 2007 Dominique10 said

Default_avatar

Hey there!

Unfortunately there isn’t an iron in the room that you can use. You can always ask hotel reception if they have one that you can use. When i went to France 2 years ago, someone was able to borrow an iron from front reception. If you are still a bit unsure, you can always get a little travel one. They’re usually pretty good and do the job Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->.

• 30 Mar 2007 CdnWanderer said

Default_avatar

If you can find it where you live, there’s a spray called Wrinkle-Free Fabric Relaxant that actually works quite well (and is apparently safe for your fabrics). Use it only if you really need to, though, because it takes quite a bit if your clothes are really wrinkled and you’ll run out pretty quickly!

I took a small (15g/3oz) bottle on my last Contiki for those times I couldn’t get to an iron – it really came in handy!

• 1 Apr 2007 Maurshei said

Default_avatar

Hi,

I actually read a few months ago about a great way to iron while traveling without an iron. I’ve used it a few times myself at home and it works. Place the item to be ironed on a flat surface and mist it with water from a spray bottle. Smooth the wrinkles out with your hands. You want to make the item slightly damp. I’ve tried this technique on a variety of fabrics and it has worked. I haven’t tried this on dry cleaning clothes. I definitely plan to use this on tour. It is so much easier to lug around a 1 fluid ounce spray bottle than an iron. When are you going on the Panorama tour? I’m on the September 1st tour.

• 1 Apr 2007 MickeyB said

Default_avatar

thanks everyone for your help! think will investigate more into that spray and see if any others may have a travel iron. I am doing the panorama departing 6th August :-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion