Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Washroom/ Rest rooms

27 Jan 2007 short stuff said

Default_avatar
Hello,

My sister and l are going on the European Encounter (Aug 8) and the Aegean Classic (Aug 26). I was just wondering, is there a washroom/toilet/rest room on the bus? Also, how much is the fee to use the wash rooms in Europe? Do you have to pay a fee to use the wash rooms in Greece and Turkey as well? And, how much should budget for it?

Sorry, for the wierd topic.
  • 27 Jan 2007 Jennifer said

Default_avatar

Yes, there is a washroom on the bus but the tour manager said to use it only when you really really really need to go. They’ll have to pay more to empty the toilet during the tour.

Don’t worry, there’ll be a rest stop every 2-4 hours so you’ll get the chance.

Yes, in some cities of Europe, you’re gonna have to pay to use the washrooms. It was 1-2 euros, sometimes usually a tip of whatever you want.

Hope this helps.

• 28 Jan 2007 short stuff said

Default_avatar

Thanks!!

No, l haven’t been to Alice Springs. I know it’s ridiculous to have to pay to use the toilets.

• 28 Jan 2007 sue123 said

Default_avatar

Yes, in many places, you’ll have to pay to use the toilet. And don’t expect a nice bathroom either. In Italy, you’ll get to use the squatter toilets. Pull your pants down to your knees, hike the bottoms up to your knees and hold it all there while you try to go without wetting yourself.

• 28 Jan 2007 soloSAN said

Default_avatar

Cheers shortstuff have been meaning to ask my travel agent the same question about toilets on the bus and thanks to all of you, i have had my queries answered.
    SAN

• 28 Jan 2007 sue123 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by pat5150:
    Yes, the pay-for-pee scam is rampant in several European country, with an attendant waiting for you to pay before allowing you to use the toilet.

Cleanliness varies from country to country, and from establishment to establishment.

Oh, and I know many girls who went totally insane from those hole-in-the-ground toilets in Italy and other countries! Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

I remember the first time we came across one of those toilets. Half the toilets were normal, the other half were the squatter kind. This one girl got a squatter toilet, and then she screams in an Australian accent “I can’t believe I just pissed on myself!!!” It seriously had to have been one of the funniest things. Well, maybe you had to have been there.

• 1 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Kamala has a nice little description … 1st paragraph w/ accompanying pic …

http://www.com-ala.com/discovery/venice.htm

- Vic

• 4 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Hey Chrissy,

that pic is so completely nasty.

The brown stuff … I hope that’s… um … rust? Or is that wishful thinking?

- Vic

• 6 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

No need for a loo – bring your own zip lock bags (non-clear if possible) and toilet paper … or go to the next available bathroom/outhouse/WC/hole-in-the-ground, etc.

hehehe just kidding of course about the zip locks ..

Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 6 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Hummm …. I can get used to that … being called Lord Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 9 Feb 2007 Sully1986 said

Default_avatar

I definitely suggest having a role of toilet paper in your pack, cuz one time I went to a washroom (which didnt have a fee) and well after I had finished my ever so refreshing pee I was shocked to learn that wax paper had been supplied as toilet paper….and thats just eww

• 9 Feb 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar

Ok so i dont know.. but I thought you should always squat over a public dunny?!?!?
    No way im putting my ass on one and I wouldnt recommend you do either…
    oh and plus squating is great for your legs!
    cheers

• 15 Feb 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar

Hey Nicky, I totally know what you are refering to! I saw a girl with one (as i was casually flicking thru) on pimp my ride. The sound like a really good tool for camping. I dont know if they are avail in Aussie yet. Check out yr camping store or maybe have a look on Ebay.

SAfe travels

• 21 Feb 2007 sunnyeve17 said

Default_avatar

Most of the washrooms I went to charged 1-3 euros.

• 21 Feb 2007 Twila1 said

Default_avatar

I’m on the Simply Italy tour…how many of these horrible squatter toilets will I encounter? Adam…you sound like alot of fun, you should come on my tour!

Simply Italy – May 6-18
    Aegean Classic – May 20-25

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.