Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Travel Alone This Xmas to NZ

12 Nov 2007 Krist said

Default_avatar
Hi there

I am travelling to NZ sun and steam trip on the 22nd Dec 2007. And cos of peak season, I actually have to fly there 3 nites before the actual tour starts. Anyone in the same situation as me?
Someone wrote they feel like a loser when traveling alone in the Europe Experience forum. I'm feeling the same now. But I really love to travel and trying hard to convince myself it be alright. I need some kind reassurance from any kind soul out there. Anyone out there going to New Zealand? during this period to spend the Xams there? Krist
  • 17 Nov 2007 Liss83 said

Default_avatar

Hi. I am also starting my tour in New Zealand on the 22nd of December in Auckland. I am on the New Zealand Explorer tour so I finish on the 5th of January.
    I am also traveling alone and have found a couple of others traveling alone as well.
    From what I’ve heard there are a lot of people who go alone so don’t stress.
    Might see you there.

• 20 Nov 2007 Jasonf said

Default_avatar

Hi there,
    I’m booked in for the Northern Highlights starting on 22nd December. I’m also travelling alone arriving afew days before too. Hopefully I’m not the only one on the trip, hopefuly not. Where are you staying before & after?
    Should see you in N.Z.

• 22 Nov 2007 C0REY said

Default_avatar

Krist, snap out of it! You’ll be traveling around on xmas in NZ. You are very lucky to be going there and with my past experiences with traveling with Contiki (on my own) you will have a blast. I’m going on the Grand Explorer starting on Dec 30th and to be in NZ for New Years, I can’t stop thinking how cool it will be to be one of the first in the world to bring in the new year. Memorable experiences and a whole lot of fun is what Contiki is about and I’m sure there are bunch of folks in the same boat as you as Contiki tours encourage young solo travelers to sign up to come together to experience a country together. How cool is that? Hopefully this is the reassurance you need to start packing your stuff, get excited, and to go into your NZ sun and steam trip with a big smile on your face cause you are about to experience a christmas that you will always remember for the rest of your life.

• 28 Nov 2007 Krist said

Default_avatar

Hi Liss and Jason, I shall be staying at the Mercure Hotel, arriving on the 19th afternoon. What about you guys? Where will you all be staying? My tour starts 22nd and ends 26th. And Corey, thanks for the reassurance. I’m glad there are so many single travellers even during the holiday season.

• 28 Nov 2007 Jocelyn said

Default_avatar

I’m going on the grand adventurer that starts around then and going alone as well. It seems quite a lot of people go it alone. But I admit I’m a bit nervous as well, only ever traveled with friends before.

• 2 Dec 2007 James D said

Default_avatar

im arriving in auckland at the mecure on the 16th dec and i’m spending 2 days on my own there till the tour starts 18th. I’m travel’n on my own (grand explorer) and i can’t wait!!!!!!! only 2 more weeks. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 2 Dec 2007 Carrie said

Default_avatar

Most of the people I’ve run across who’ve traveled with Contiki (or similar tour groups) are traveling alone. That’s part of the reason I’m going with a group- the “alone” part is kind of adventuresome, but I won’t get lonely.

Have a great time.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.