Community_discussions_small  

Question

Towel?

1 May 2009 Explorer1109958 asked

Default_avatar
Hi everyone, while reading through some posts I noticed some people had brough towels or quick dry towels on their trip. Can someone please explain why you need to bring your own towel? Dont the hotels provide towels?

Also, on the australia trips, is it recommneded to bring tennis shoes or sneakers? Or will I be ok with flip flops?

Thanks.
  • 10 May 2009 Mitcho! said

Mitcho!

Yes, just about all hotels will provide towels/semi clean rags of some description to dry yourself with.
    People pack the quick dry towels because they are small and light and come in handy. They aren’t essential, but will do the trick if you go to the beach or a rainforest water hole etc.

Depending on what time of year you are travelling in, flip flops will be fine, just mind your feet when your wearing them consistently. Dry weather has a tendency to chew through skin. Generally I would say a pair of joggers/tennis shoes or sneakers will work out best though, save the double pluggers for when you don’t want to wear shoes, they weigh nothing after all, or you can go to the supermarkets and pick a pair up for no more than $5 local.

• 2 Jun 2009 cassie_lea said

Default_avatar

Dry weather chew through skin?? what the??
    I would say pluggers are fine. I also live in Australia and pretty much live in my pluggers (flip flops) all year, July is probably the only time that I dont wear them because its the middle of winter.

• 11 Jun 2009 patchie89 said

Default_avatar

hi I live in australia and the reason to bring a towel is because if u go to the beach u will probably want to bring one because the hotels are usually not too keen on u getting their towels all sandy. plus Aust can get hot, towel handy to wipe the sweat away. shoes depends on where u are going. if u are going near the south bring them it does get cold at certain times of the year. also if u are not used to walking around in thongs everyday then they can rub bad. also many clubs wont let u in wearing just thongs. bring some casual comfy shoes

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.