Community_discussions_small  

Question

What to wear... will I look like a dag?

20 Jun 2013 Mel B asked

Mel B

Im from Perth, Australia and we have really good weather most of the time. So I normally wear shorts and singlets with prints on them or t-shirts. I'm going on the European Highlights in August and I just want to know if I'm going to look like a daggy tourist if I wear what I normally do around or if I will be frowned upon by the locals? :/
Please help! If I need to go on a shopping spree I won't be too disappointed;)

• 20 Jun 2013 Natassia (Tash) said

Natassia (Tash)

Hey Mel, I’m from the same town as you and I just finished packing for my trip! Just wear what you normally do but make sure your shoes are comfortable to walk in and have been broken in (and match your outfits). Pack at least 2 or 3 nice clothes for dinner and going out at night. I looked at this page for ideas: http://travelfashiongirl.com/packing-list-for-europe/

• 20 Jun 2013 Mel B said

Mel B

Thanks Tash :)
    I’m not really one who wears dresses and skirts casually, so I am a bit worried that my shorts could be too short ? They cover all the important parts but haha

Natassia (Tash)

Just make sure you cover up if you get the flight layover in dubai like I have! They’re pretty strict on that stuff I’ve heard. Kmart, Dotti and Ally have some nice shorts that are a little longer if you’re worried (I went on a shopping spree yesterday haha) and Harbourtown have some great sales on them at the moment? (I work in HT) Otherwise just pack some leggings and jeans to wear on days that you’re not too sure? I know you have to have something like “church wear” if you are visiting any cathedrals and such.

• 20 Jun 2013 Mel B said

Mel B

I have family from qld coming next week so we will probably do a shopping trip to Perth.

• 20 Jun 2013 Mel B said

Mel B

Love** not live

• 20 Jun 2013 Mel B said

Mel B

I don’t know where the other half of that answer went…
    But I love harbour town, what shop do you work in?

Natassia (Tash)

Events and Queenspark upstairs :) I’m flying out this weekend for a week in England before my Contiki starts so I’ll let you know what people are wearing!

• 20 Jun 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

I would suggest bringing some nice clothes so you can wear them when you go out for supper or to the bar. It’s a must.

• 21 Jun 2013 Mel B said

Mel B

I’ve never heard of that shop :/ hahah Oooh, that will be great :) Your trip is so soon!

Thanks RJ1817, I understand nice clothes for the evening, but are shorts and tee’s okay for during the day?

• 21 Jun 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

yes of course! But like Natassia has pointed out, there are some places where you’ll have to cover up your shoulders and knees

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.