Community_discussions_small  

Comment

USA 2008

5 Jul 2007 west_oz_grrl said

west_oz_grrl
hey everyone,

im heading to the usa in february 2008 to do wild western and then big apple explorer, i know it will be winter then, so very cold i guess... itd be great if anyone could give me some advice and or tips about what to expect and the best things to see and do.

this is my first trip overseas and im going on my own! could be scary!

cheers tenneile
  • 5 Jul 2007 skaifie said

skaifie

hi tenneile

i myself am going over end dec for 6 weeks and i too am dreading the cold !!!

Im heading to washington then NY for NY and i have friends that live over there and have told me BUY LONG JOHNS !!! She said its very cold. I was in Europe 2 years ago in winter and if thats anything to go by i was wearing 3 jumpers

the other side though is not to bad with tops of 20 so my suggestion mate is RUG UP !!

Kyles
    ps would love to know where you looking at visiting though could add a few things to my itinery

• 5 Jul 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

The Grand Canyon (i am sure on the list of sights) area can be quite cold though we have been known recently to have 60 deg F weather this time of year of 2 feet of snow LOL. Just remember layer layer layer. And if you don’t bring anything with you like gloves ect you can always buy things on your trip. Buy in the larger towns its cheaper then the smaller towns. If you get cold hands and feet you can get hand/feet warmers at any outdoor sporting store. A good pair of winter boots are always good something with non slippery tread. You will be fine.

• 12 Jul 2007 HD1712 said

HD1712

Hi,
    I’m doing the wild western tour in march 08. Totally looking forward to it going with my brother.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.