Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Big Apple Explorer hotel

8 May 2008 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar
Much like another post I read....my own addiction to trip advisor lead me to find some horrible reviews about the Marrakech on the Big Apple Explorer tour- bed bugs and all. Has anyone stayed there?
  • 8 May 2008 Teeg said

Teeg

Hey,

that sounds horrible… Bed bugs YUCK. Now I’m a little worried.. Whered you read the reviews?
    Also, how do you stop taking bed bugs/eggs with you?? I will be staying in a lot of hotels and I don’t want to bring them home..

Tegan

• 8 May 2008 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

Hi
    I have read some of these reviews-go to http://tripadvisor.com and key in the marrakech hotel. I am flying to New York next month and this is the reason I am staying at a non contiki hotel for 3 of the 4 nights I am in NY! I am a bit worried but if my room is anything less than clean I will be asking for another one! I don’t think there is anyway you can avoid bedbugs etc but keep in mind everyone’s perceptions are different!

cheers
    lisa

• 8 May 2008 Teeg said

Teeg

Wow………………..
    After reading the reviews I DO NOT want to stay in this hotel.. What can be done about it though? I have already booked and paid… Thank you for the review site Lisa, it is very helpful. Where are you going to stay instead? I am very scared of bringing bed bugs home with me now.

If I get bitten I am going to go absolutely mental at everyone in that hotel. Does every Big Apple Explorer tour stay in the Marrakech hotel?

Thanks,
    Tegan

• 8 May 2008 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

Hi Teeg
    All contiki tours stay in this hotel but as I said everyone’s perceptions are different. Keep an open mind. I am staying in the Holiday Inn Midtown on 57th street for 3 nights then the marrakech for 1 night.I figure I can stand one night as I will be out all day and then my tour starts the next. My freind got us a good deal through her travel agent but if you have already booked and paid then you can’t do anything about it!

cheers
    lisa

• 8 May 2008 Teeg said

Teeg

Ahh I wish I was you right now haha. Yeah I will just have to take it for what it is and make the best of it I suppose. I probably won’t do a lot of sleeping anyway. Thanks for the help though!

• 8 May 2008 NurseKara said

NurseKara

Hi,
    The trip advisor is great. I thought I would highlight that the bed bug incident occurred last year and the Marrakech put a posting on the site saying how they have fixed the problem by getting exterminators in and repacing the mattresses. They also stated this happens in most NY hotels. Don’t worry to much guys. I am sure after last years incident that they will be keeping a close eye on things so it won’t happen again. I’m staying there 5 nights in Sept. So fingers crossed!

• 10 May 2008 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the replies guys, it’s nice to know i’m not the only one weirded out. I’m sure it will be fine, but it will be my last nite in the states before I go home so it would be a shame for it to be riddled with bed bugs lol all part of the experience i suppose!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion