Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Booking the trip for 2007

1 Nov 2006 Hipjaz, the canuck from the T-Dot said

Default_avatar
Hi there. i'm planning on going on the eurpoean advenurer tour towards the end of August of 2007. i'm about 50% sure that i'm going, i just need to figure out some financial things. when do you think should be my ultimate last day to book the trip? mind you, i'd still need to get visas (if i need them) money, pack, get plane tickets etc...
thank you
  • 2 Nov 2006 PinaI said

PinaI

I guess it really depends on the actual tour itself. When I booked my first tour I booked in January for an August departure (I was just a tad keen). My second tour I booked in September for a December departure.

If it’s a guranteed departure date then I would say, the earlier the better. They didn’t have those when I did my couple of tours! I would suspect they get pretty full pretty quick though.

If it’s a tour that goes through a festival, like Oktoberfest or the one in Scotland (can’t think of the name at the moment) then same applies, I would expect they get fuller more quickly than others.

The sooner you book the better but remember it doesn’t guarantee the tour will leave on that day, unless it is a guranteed departure date. I have heard of tours cancelling although have been fortunate enough for it to be neither of mine.

Hope this helps!

• 12 Nov 2006 Kelsha said

Default_avatar

I would book as early as possible to make the most of early bird discounts and also to ensure you get a guaranteed departure date.

Forget about the 50% sure, make yourself 100% sure and go book it!

I have just booked my trip for September 2007 and all I had to pay was a $200 deposit for Contiki and a $100 deposit for my airfares, I worked out a budget and am able to go into the travel agent every time I get paid to ‘pay off’ my trip. I even set up a spreadsheet that tells me when my next payment is due, how much I have paid, how much I have to go and so on…

Just remember that with airfares, the seats seem to get more expensive the closer you are to the departure date, so for maximum savings, I say just make the commitment and go for it!

• 12 Nov 2006 LiSa19 said

Default_avatar

I agree. I’ve just booked my trip and took advantage of the early bird specials and discounts at the travel expo. Saved a whole heap of $$$ you wouldn’t wanna leave it too late…

Kelsha, I’m also leaving in Sept 07, doing the European Contrasts.. which one are you on?

• 12 Nov 2006 Kelsha said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by LiSa19:
    Kelsha, I’m also leaving in Sept 07, doing the European Contrasts.. which one are you on?

Hi Lisa, I am doing the European Panorama tour for 30(ish) days, plus a few days in London either side – should be awesome, can’t wait.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion