Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Flight Home Advice

8 Feb 2007 seegs6 said

Default_avatar
So I'm taking the European Panorama Tour and need to book my flights. Going there is not a problem, it's coming home where I need some help. The tour finishes in Amsterdam and the bus stops off at Amsterdam's Airport. It says that we arrive at the airport around 10 AM the last day. I can book a flight on Lufthansa that leaves at 12:30 to Frankfurt and flies from Frankfurt to Toronto at 5 PM. The other option is to go back with the bus to London and stay over night and fly out of Heathrow the next afternoon. Anyone who has been to Amsterdam, how long do you need to give yourself to check in for a flight. I can always get to the airport myself if the bus doesn't give me enough time. The flights are also about the same money.
  • 8 Feb 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

Yeah, I would go back to Heathrow in your situation as well – I couldn’t handle the pressure of possibly missing my flight!

Also, you never know if your bus will have some kind of delay that will set you right back, making your miss your connecting flight altogether gasp…go Heathrow!

• 9 Feb 2007 Tonym said

Default_avatar

My advice: Go to Heathrow and fly directly from there. Amsterdam (Schiphol) has a big airport so you’ll need to be there about 2,5 hours pre-departure to check in etc.

• 9 Feb 2007 Hipjaz, the canuck from the T-Dot said

Default_avatar

depending on the airline or travel agent, you can probably get a flight from amsterdam to london. I booked my trip through flight centre and on my way home, i got a flight from schipol to heathrow on an air jet (1 hr flight) then my flight from heathrow leaves about 2hours later to toronto. this is on british airways
    that might be a possibility

• 9 Feb 2007 Chris_V said

Chris_V

hey there I am doing the Europen Horizon on July 15 to the 24 and I looking forward to it and I have not been to European before. I have not travel alone by myself so I am abit scared but I think I would have fun Any advice would be greatly appreciated. my email is chris_vergos@hotmail.com

• 10 Feb 2007 MelanieNYC said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m also doing the European Panorama and was planning to transfer back to London at the end. Anyone that’s done it know what time approx. we get there? I’m supposed to meet some friends there and stay a few days but they wanna know when they’ll be able to meet me.

• 10 Feb 2007 seegs6 said

Default_avatar

I’m told that we arrive back around 6 PM. Thanks for everyones advice to. I will go back to London and pick up a flight from Heathrow. Crappy thing is that the day after I decided to do this the flight prices went up $150 each way.

• 10 Feb 2007 seegs6 said

Default_avatar

I’m going down to London early to explore. I want to get adjusted to the time zone and see the city before I’m exhausted from my tour

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.