Community_discussions_small  

Question

are tents on camping trips waterproof?? and do vodafone phones work in europe?

21 Mar 2010 Explorer1160557 asked

Default_avatar
hey just wondering if the tents on the camping trips are waterproof for when it rains? and does anyone know if you can use vodafone phones in europe?
  • 22 Mar 2010 Wez said

Wez

I’ve never actually been on a camping Contiki but pretty sure they would only use waterproof tents as this is after all Europe and rain is a common occurrenceWink<!--graemlin:;)-->

You can roam pretty much anywhere in Europe on a Vodafone sim card. However if you planning on buying a foreign sim card and using it in your phone I would suggest just checking with a cell phone shop to see whether your phone is only enabled on Vodaphone.

• 22 Mar 2010 CatherineOz said

Default_avatar

The tents are waterproof provided you put them up correctly and don’t have things on the inside of teh tent pressing up against the tent, as the outerlaer is waterproof but the inner layer isn’t. So if you say try and lean a bag against the side of the tent and you then move the bag it can let water in. And if the outer layer is touching the inner layer-water will get in.
    I did a camping tour roughly 18 months ago and we copped alot a rain, on the second night of the tour in paris it poured with rain all night and I was in only one of two tents that did not get water in it-the ones who got water in their tents were the ones who did not put their tents up correctly.
    So basically what I am trying to say is, yes your tent is waterpoof-IF you put it up correctly.

• 22 Mar 2010 lizzie said

lizzie

haha always nice to know. CatherineOz just wondering… where the campsites really far out of the main city and in general where they close to transport

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.