Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thailand East Island Hopper - 27th July 2013

26 Jun 2013 Cal Jones asked

Cal Jones

Anyone else doing this trip? I am travelling solo, first contiki tour.

Also, anyone who has been on the trip before, how was it?

Cal

• 29 Jun 2013 callum reid said

callum reid

hey mate,
    i’m also on this tour, heading to Bangkok the day before so will be arriving on the 26th round 5ish with a 15hour stop over, fly out to the island the next morning 7am, when do you head over?
    callum

• 29 Jun 2013 thaonguyen said

Default_avatar

me! :)

I’m also traveling solo! cant wait to meet you guys!
    I am heading into Bangkok on the 27th, still trying to figure out arrangements flying into Koi Samui.

Thao pronounced ( tao)

• 30 Jun 2013 Cal Jones said

Cal Jones

Hey! Another fellow Callum! I am also arriving on 26th in Bangkok, and I also fly out to the island around 7:00AM the next morning, we are possibly on the same flights haha! We’ll have to meet up for pre tour beer!

Look forward to meeting you too Thao! Nice to know i’m not the only one riding solo haha!

• 30 Jun 2013 callum reid said

callum reid

what time do you get into Bangkok?i’m in at roughly 5ish, yeh we’re prolly on the same flight to koh samui the following morning, i’ll be staying at Novatel hotel havn’t booked it yet so keen for a pre tour beer :)

• 30 Jun 2013 Cal Jones said

Cal Jones

Just had a look through emails and I actually arrive in Bangkok 8:00 PM, staying at Floral Shire Resort – 50 bucks for 1 night, breakfast and transfers to and from airport so can’t complain! My flight to Koh Samui is at 7:45AM.

My arrival in Bangkok is later than i’d have hoped but i’m sure there’ll be time to partake in a few cheeky ones!

• 6 Jul 2013 Saurubh said

Saurubh

Hey Cal, you can add one more to the list. I am traveling solo, first contiki tour.

Am going to be at Koh Samui a day early and would stay back after contiki for a day more.

First time to Thailand and looking forward to it :)

• 6 Jul 2013 Cal Jones said

Cal Jones

Good stuff! I am staying in Koh Samui for an extra night at the end where we finish! Also first time to Thailand, yeah cant wait, bring on night one, going off!!! :)

• 7 Jul 2013 Saurubh said

Saurubh

Cool, I stay a night extra after the tour and then a night at the Kaulalumpur airport. Then straight back to brissy :) We may be on the same flight, unless u r traveling somewhere else from there.

Looking forward to Thailand :)

• 7 Jul 2013 Cal Jones said

Cal Jones

I am also travelling back to Brisbane so yeah possibly!! I’m in Redlands, what area you in?

• 7 Jul 2013 Saurubh said

Saurubh

Not far from you mate, I live at Daisy Hill (next to springwood). I have been to redlands before, its a beautiful area :)

• 20 Jul 2013 Saurubh said

Saurubh

Everyone excited ???

• 21 Jul 2013 Cal Jones said

Cal Jones

Indeed!! Depart Friday afternoon and arrive in Bangkok Friday night, can’t come soon enough!!

• 22 Jul 2013 Saurubh said

Saurubh

Hey Cal, I am departing on Thursday night and will be there a day before the contiki starts. I am staying at a different hotel for that day and then will join you all on the first day at the meeting.

Looking forward to it :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.