Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone gone on Contiki while pregnant?!

23 Feb 2007 Soleya asked

Default_avatar
The friend I am going on my trip with just found out she is 5 weeks pregnant, so she will be 22 weeks (about 5.5 months) along when we do our trip this summer.The airlines say it's okay to travel under 32 weeks so that's all good, and doctors say it's fine and if she gets tired just to take it easy. She's pretty tough, and is still looking forward to the trip, although she can't do the wine tasting and beer tasting she thought she would!She's not a major party animal anyway and was going mainly for the experience. Her husband is coming with us too.
Has anyone else done a Contiki tour while pregnant? Does anyone know anyone else who has?
  • 23 Feb 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar

Hi Soleya,
    I havnt traveled whist pregnant before but I have a good friend who has. Its a little bit different though, she went on a cruise ship. But there was alot of time off the ship where she got to experience some pretty cool things. She was also about 5 months in at the time so she knew to be cautious of certain things and what her limits were.
    I think that your friend will enjoy her tour very much, and she will have you and her hubby to support her along the way. I dont feel you need to be off ya face to have a good time, and to me, travelling is about seeing the world and experiecing culture, not about pissing it up in every town (although ofcuz ive done alot of that along the way too).
    Once the baby is born, her chance of doing a similar tour decrease.. alot! And while she obviously wouldnt want to put her baby in any danger she wouldnt want to regret not going.
    um,, yeah. hope that helps.
    safe travels.

• 23 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

I’ve had 2 expectant moms-2-be on 2 different tours (Panorama & Greek Isalnd Hopping). The only part they didn’t like was when a ferry experienced rough seas, otherwise they enjoyed the tours and partook in all the activites with everyone else – just refraining from alcohol.

- Vic

• 26 Feb 2007 D* said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    anyone know anyone else who has

It should be a good time in any case!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.