Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European plus Egypt Aug 2014

26 Jun 2013 LTUTT4871 asked

LTUTT4871

I'm getting a little ahead of myself, as the brochure hasn't even been released yet...

A friend and myself are considering this tour and we want to do it during Oktoberfest.

Has anyone else done this tour/considering this tour at the same time as Oktoberfest?

You only get one night in Munich, do you actually get time to participate/see much of the festival in that one day?

Also does anyone know when the 2014/15 Europe brochure is likely to come out?

• 5 Jul 2013 Monique said

Monique

I’m doing this tour on the 18th of August this year. I’ll let you know how it went when I get back home. :)

• 5 Jul 2013 Emma said

Emma

Hey!! I am planning on doing this tour somewhere around July/August/September next year. Just organising my budget and everything now :)

The brochure is currently being worked on & a release date hasn’t been announced, but one of the Contiki Reps told me it would be 2nd half of the year. So hopefully anytime soon.

I did the European Highlights tour last year and we went through Munich during Oktoberfest, so presuming it is a similar timetable; we went into Munich for something like 45 minutes & seen the glockenspiel and had a quick chance to grab an outfit, then headed off to Oktoberfest. We didn’t get there until about 5pm & were only given 4 hours before the bus went back to the hotel, however you had the option to stay back and find your own way home, which majority did. But in saying that, 4 hours was more then enough time to get around the festival & see it all.
    Oktoberfest was full on & so much fun. Because we got their so late it was a little hard to find a table in the Beer Tents (& you don’t get served unless you’re sitting down) but it was possible, just had to be persistent with it.

Hope it helps :)

• 6 Jul 2013 duckeggy said

duckeggy

Was thinking about also doing this; if anyone is definitely up for it & are in the same situation as me (Unreliable friends kinda thing (Not meaning this rude or cheeky) and might end up themselves) give me an add on facebook, would be good to get to know if people are in the same boat before I finalise my plans!

www.facebook.com/kimberleyreganx

:)

• 6 Jul 2013 Emma said

Emma

Hey! You will find a lot of people in the exact same situation as you.
    I went by myself on tour last year & it was one of the best decisions I made.
    Are you thinking about the Ultimate European particularly or any tour at the moment?

• 6 Jul 2013 duckeggy said

duckeggy

Oh really? Did you thoroughly enjoy yourself and meet many people? Yeah I’m very open to all the tours (Both price wise & location wise) – as long as it consists of mainly Europe; just waiting to see which ones shall be the busiest etc, what ones would you recommend? x.

• 6 Jul 2013 Emma said

Emma

You won’t be by yourself for long at all!
    Once you’re on tour you’ve instantly made 50 odd friends.
    I went on the European highlights tour last year towards the end of September & my tour was fully booked. It was a full on tour, late nights, early starts & long drive days, I look back & can’t believe what was crammed into 2 weeks.
    That’s why this time I’m looking at something longer & a little more time spent at places & with more places i havent seen and since this one also does Egypt so that’s why it’s at the top of my list.
    I found the highlights tour sort of a glimpse into Europe, you got a bit of a taste of the places & you could use it to know where to go back to & explore further next time.
    Other then that, I did the London Explorer & I don’t really think it was that big of a deal, I wouldn’t do it again, just look for my own accommodation in London & I also did the Scotland tour & loved it. Loved Scotland. Only thing I wish I had known for that is they combine the Britain, Scotland and Ireland tours together, so you will have the people who are going the Britain tour first, then the Scotland tour joins then the Ireland tour joins, so its like 3 tours rolled into 1.
    July/August/September I’m pretty sure are busiest months. Weather wise I found it got quite cool towards end of September beginning of October, that’s why I want to go a little earlier this time.
    The best advice on picking the tours is just reading the reviews and also seeing if their are any travelogues out there aswell. I read this one & it pretty much made my mind up about this tour: http://www.davechallenger.com/ultimate-european.html

• 8 Jul 2013 LTUTT4871 said

LTUTT4871

I loved Scotland when I went over 7 years ago. Im so keen to travel next year! My dates are fairly flexible at the moment, I am still wanting to do one that includes oktoberfest, just to say I’ve seen it :)

• 19 Jul 2013 Kiki_1992xox said

Kiki_1992xox

im looking at going on on the ultimate plus greek islands.. or the 35/7 day tour!!

the new brochures are being released early sepetmeber 2013 (thats when they start taking bookings for 2014!!!)
    im hoping to go in August through to october (be in greece for my birthday and be there for october fest) :)

• 13 Aug 2013 hannnahhjayne said

hannnahhjayne

Definitely considering doing this tour around August 2014. Will most likely be going alone too, would love to hear from people who have been on this tour or are considering doing the tour next year :)

• 16 Aug 2013 Aidan said

Aidan

A friend and myself and considering doing this tour next year.

• 8 Sep 2013 Camster said

Default_avatar

Im keen for the octoberfest date as well, I will aslo be a solo traveller so would love to get to know some people who will be going on the trip, i tossed up to do ANZAC day or octoberfest i was warned off ANZAC day due to overcrowding id rather pay my respects when i can acctually have a look around and not be shoulder to shoulder

• 8 Sep 2013 MissPrice said

MissPrice

I’m planning to go on the Ultimate European Contiki, in July 2014. I will be flying solo and would love to stick around after the tour to take a closer look at the places I loved the most not sure just yet, just waiting for the new dates to be released!

• 8 Sep 2013 tans said

tans

hey :) I’m looking at doing Europe, USA and Croatia tour in next year (2014) – I would most likely do Europe August 2014 – solo traveller! Waiting to see the full list of dates before I decide :)

• 6 Jan 2014 becmae said

becmae

Hi All, Im planning on doing this tour Ultimate European plus Greek islands 45days in May.. is anyone else on this tour/ have done this tour, would love some tips as its my first contiki ! Thanks :)

• 17 Feb 2014 Garousse said

Garousse

I just booked the Ultimate European tour plus Egypt :) departing August 20th – October 3rd. Very very excited :D anyone else booked for this date?

• 6 Apr 2014 Brittany Johnson said

Brittany Johnson

im on the ultimate european plus greek islands leaving 20 august :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion