Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Best USA Aug31-sep12 21female travelling alone

5 Dec 2007 Misswella said

Misswella
Kia Ora (Hello)

21 year old female from New Zealand planning as we speak to celebrate my 22nd birthday Eeker in the United States on the Best of USA contiki in late aug to early september 2008.

If anyone else is planning on doing this tour give me a buzz! So we can swap emails and profile pages (bebo/myspace/facebook)
Amanda Smiler
  • 27 Dec 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

hey!!
    im going to book this tour aug 31 to Sept 12 and then straight after im going to do the north by north east.
    will also be 22 and travelling solo. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

anyone else coming on this tour?

• 15 Jan 2008 ParkAvePrincess said

ParkAvePrincess

Hi myself and a friend are doing this tour will be 21!! we are going to haiwai and staying in LA before it starts and staying on in new york when it finshes!!
    have u booked?

• 17 Jan 2008 Misswella said

Misswella

I havent booked yet.

Intend to in the next 2weeks
    But i’ll be there Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

Glad to hear people around my age are travelling even if you are aussie’s lol jokes Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Looks like this kiwi is going to be out numbered. Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

I’ll be staying in La for a couple of nights before the tour and maybe a night in new york after the tour.

Back to work im afraid Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

Have any of you ladies got bebo.facebook or myspace?

• 17 Jan 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

get on it! with the booking…apparently its really hard around the time we’re going because of the china olympics, flights are full up. but that might just be out of AUS.

Im arriving in LA on the 28th Aug…spending 3 nights at the COntiki hotel before tour starts.
    then the same day this tour ends im starting the North by Northeast tour…then Hawaii for a couple nights on the way home.

bebo…i swear its a new zealand thing :P
    i’m on myspace and facebook, just private message me so we can add each other

• 19 Jan 2008 Mitchybelle said

Default_avatar

Hi I have also booked for the August 31st tour and am travelling by myself. I have arranged to fly to L.A on the 25th and am staying in Hollywood for the first 5 nights and one extra night at the contiki hotel in Anaheim. I am also staying 3 extra nights in N.Y at the end- 1 extra at the contiki hotel and two somewhere else, I haven’t decided where yet though. This is my first overseas holiday and first contiki tour so I would love to get advice from you gals who have done it before. I am so freaking exited, I cant wait for August!!!! Cheers, Michelle from Melbourne.

• 22 Jan 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

hey Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> because contiki only allow 1 night before tour in LA…my travel agent booked at the same hotel through octopus tours….3 nights for a room by myself including breakfast is $247 total Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Jan 2008 kez81 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Misswella:
    Kia Ora (Hello)

21 year old female from New Zealand planning as we speak to celebrate my 22nd birthday Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:--> in the United States on the Best of USA contiki in late aug to early september 2008.

If anyone else is planning on doing this tour give me a buzz! So we can swap emails and profile pages (bebo/myspace/facebook)
    Amanda Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Hi my name is Kerryn im 26 yr old female i have out this tour on hold my friend may be meeting me there but depends otherwize ill be alone also however i have done it b4 on my own in europe so ull be fine trust me.

• 22 Jan 2008 kez81 said

Default_avatar

Hi im a 26 yr old fem nannying in ENgland but from Aus I have booked the aug 31st 08 best of usa trip my friend may be meeting me there but if not i will be solo but i am used to traveling on own and contiki is gr8 on ur own as it i have done before . Cant wait!!!!!

• 31 Jan 2008 Mitchybelle said

Default_avatar

After checking out the shonky reviews for the Marakech Hotel in New York I have asked my travel agent to unbook my extra night at the end of the tour. I am thinking of staying at the Pod Hotel, it seems nice as well as not too expensive. Otherwise if there is any other girls travelling solo who are staying after the tour finishes we could always go in together for somewhere nicer. (how much is a suite at the plaza?!!divided by 6 maybe!) I am also thinking of staying in Beverly Hills instead of Hollywood. Is there anyone around here who has stayed in the area? What are the safest areas or places to avoid? Michelle.

• 8 Feb 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

anyone got msn, facebook, myspace…chats? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    hoping the next 6ish months fly by!

• 18 Feb 2008 Kiwigirl said

Default_avatar

HiyaSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I’ve just booked for the tour starting Aug 31st to Septmber 12th and then also following on to do the north by north east tour.
    Am 24 and also doing this trip solo.
    Although am a kiwi, am in the UK at the moment, nannying, but once the tour is over am heading home to NZ.
    Great to hear of others who are doing the same thing.
    JennieSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Feb 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

Awesome! much less worried now that i know there are other people going solo…argh i cant wait, and its almost march already! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    When is everyone getting into LA? i get in on Thursday the 28th at like 6am Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->…think im going to head to six flags magic mountain http://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/ on the 29th if anyone was interested in heading there!
    Im just staying at the Contiki hotel until the tour starts.

• 28 Feb 2008 ParkAvePrincess said

ParkAvePrincess

Hi my friend and I are doin the tour also. Is anyone planning on doing disneyland during the tour? We are staying in West Hollywood for 5 nights before the tour at LeParc Suites so will probably do Universal Studios while we are there as it is close. What other optionals in LA?

• 28 Feb 2008 Mitchybelle said

Default_avatar

Hello there. I am also staying in west hollywood for 5 nights -at the hollywood hostel and 1 extra night in anaheim. I will definately be doing universal studios from hollywood and was thinking of doing knotts berry farm from anaheim on the 30th aug. i figure that way i can do disneyland and california adventure with the tour group.

• 1 Mar 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

i’ve been emailing Jen (Kiwigirl) as we are both going solo.
    we’ve got this planned for LA if anyone is interested in joining us.

August 28th – Day tour to Tijuana Mexico (i’m doing this by myself as Jen doesnt get in till that night)

Aug 29th – Six Flags Magic Mountain, by far the best looking theme park

Aug 30 – Universal Studios

Aug 31 – LA sightseeing with Contiki

Sept 1 & 2 – will be for Disneyland both days for Jen and for me most likely just the 1 and then the other day doing something else.

We’re both staying at the Contiki accomm Best Westeran Stovalls Inn in Aneheim which is across the road from Disneyland Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Mar 2008 Mitchybelle said

Default_avatar

Hi Nikki, any chance you’d be able to change your day set aside for universal as i was planning on doing it sometime between the 26-29th but not the 30th as i will be heading to anaheim that day. i am also planning on paying extra for the front of line pass, had you considered that option? i figure i only have one day there and i’d rather not spend it lining up for hours. cheers, michelle.

• 2 Mar 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

hey Michelle,
    dont think between the 26th-29th will work sorry! i only get in on the 28th and was gonna go to Mexico that day then Six Flags on the 29th, bummer.

• 4 Mar 2008 Kathryn said

Default_avatar

Hi all,

I am planning on going on this tour also, 29 yr old Melbourne chick travelling solo too!

Be great to talk to people before the trip! I have been on contiki before in Europe, had a great time!

Kathryn

• 4 Mar 2008 Mitchybelle said

Default_avatar

Hi Kathryn. Glad to hear more people booking this tour. Are you planning on spending extra time in l.a or nyc at the beginning/end of the tour. I arrive in l.a 6 days earlier and am staying 3 extra days in n.y. i am also travelling solo but this is my first overses holiday. Whereabouts in Melb are you from, i am on the mornington peninsula.

• 5 Mar 2008 Kathryn said

Default_avatar

Hi there,

I am from Richmond. I am planning on arriving in LA on 4 days earlier and NY 3 days after. I am still looking at flights as I was thinking of going to Hawaii also, but undecided, then heading to the UK for 2 weeks. I lived in the UK for 2 years in 2004 – 2006. Given I am over that way wanted to catch up with friends. Let me know where you are staying in LA and NY and I will book the same accom. I feel nervous about being in those places solo! Whereabouts are you from on he peninsula? My grandparents live in Rosebud.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.