Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European Concept vs Big Chill Camping

27 Jun 2013 Ashlee asked

Ashlee

Hi, im ashlee from SA. I'm looking into Europe Contiki tours, and I cant decide if i want to do ultimate European + greek islands concept tour, or the big chill camping tour that visits pretty much the same places and a bit more for like $2,500 less. Has anyone done a camping tour? Is it worth going cheaper for living without hotels etc? Thanks !

• 30 Jun 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

When are you planning on doing the tour Ashlee? I am doing the Ultimate European starting in August this year. I was tossing up between the two but realised, I am not a camper so why bother saving that little bit and being uncomfortable the whole trip (but thats just me). Do you like camping? Either way it will be a fantastic experience so good luck choosing!!

• 1 Jul 2013 Ashlee said

Ashlee

Not for a while now! 2015 haha. Yeah ive had a think about it and I think hostels win over camping. You will have to let me know how the ultimate european is!

• 2 Jul 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

Oh ok haha Definitely have some thinking time then. Will do! I can’t wait :-D

• 12 Aug 2013 Julito said

Julito

I did the Big Chill in this summer… it is the best experience that you will have in your life!! The fact that is a camping tour makes everyone to became a family right away. Is cheaper as well so you can spend that money on other things for your trip. You can get from the campsite to the cities pretty easily by taxi or any other public transportation. You will get used to the fact of pitching a tent and sleeping on an air mattress on the floor… #noregrets!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.