Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern and the Powder Rush Tour!

27 Jun 2013 Jessica asked

Jessica

Hey guys,
I've booked the Grand Southern departing LA 23rd July 2013, then going on exchange at Concordia University in Montreal and finishing up with the Powder Rush Tour departing Vancouver Jan 6th 2014. With all of that planned packing is going to be a struggle, almost an impossible task. I heard their pretty inflexible with the 20kg limit. So I was just wondering if anyone had any packing tips - do I need to byo towel? I also think I read somewhere that the tours that incorporate skiing etc give you a bigger luggage allowance so you can bring skis etc - I plan on hiring the gear over there, so would you think they then might be a little more lenient if my bag is a bit overweight?

Thanks,
Jess

• 28 Jun 2013 shananegans said

shananegans

Hi Jessica, Maybe you’ll have to investigate storing some luggage or having luggage sent to your Montreal location ahead of the tour? I think you are right about the strict 20kg limit, best keep it under if you can. Have you spoken to contiki directly?

• 7 Aug 2013 Travis said

Default_avatar

Hey Jess, me and my girlfriend Lee-Anne will see you on the powder rush tour. We have the 6th Jan booked as well. I’m not sure on the luggage, but we are going to be packing some thermals and warm socks for our many winter tours.

• 16 Aug 2013 Kristen said

Kristen

hi Jessica, i’m looking at booking Powder Rush 6th Jan as well, not sure if this helps but i did Contiki in Europe and the only time they weighed our bags was on the first day after that they didn’t really seem to care too much but the bus drive did really like it when ppl helped him pack/unpack them all off the bus :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion