Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Mediterranean Highlights - Sept 21-Oct 4, 2007

13 Feb 2007 Rach007 said

Default_avatar
Anyone going on the Medeterranean Highlights trip on Sept 21 - Oct 4, 2007??
  • 14 Feb 2007 dyanez09 said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m thinking about taking this tour. I will be traveling by myself, so I’m a bit scared… It will be my 30th birthday present to myself!! Does anyone know the age range on this specific tour?

• 18 Feb 2007 redleader said

Default_avatar

Hey Dyanez….

No need to worry! My friend and I just signed up this past Friday for the European Discovery trip and we’re currently both 32 and will be 33 by the time we go on the trip. Ultimately, no one can ever really tell how old you are exactly and even more important, its all in how you carry it Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Feb 2007 Christina said

Default_avatar

sounds like we are all in the same boat. My friend and I just signed up and we are both in our early 30s as well. We will actually being getting to Madrid a day early (morning of 21st) if anyone is interested in meeting up for some exploring.

• 7 Mar 2007 Ruth73 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone, I’m the friend that Christina is talking about..I’ll me turning 34 on the trip, so I think it will be a blast. Can’t wait to meet everyone.

• 12 Jun 2007 Morris said

Default_avatar

Four of us are also signed up for this one (ages 24, 30, 33, 35). Glad to see more people were going this late. We have not booked our flights yet but should soon.

• 21 Jun 2007 Ruth73 said

Default_avatar

HI everyone. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone in Madrid. I think we are all going to have a fantastic time. I can taste the wine now……

• 6 Jul 2007 Tal said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

I’ve just booked in for this tour!! I’m 29 yrs and was also a bit worried about the ages and whether everyone would be a lot younger, but it seems like there is going to be a few of us in our late 20’s/early 30’s!

I also arrive in Madrid a day before the tour starts and would be happy to meet up for some exploring. I’ll be travelling on my own!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

• 18 Jul 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,
    I’m NOT going on your trip but i’ve travelled with Contiki and would like to offer some advice:
    If you plan on taking a credit card to Europe, you may want to call your credit card company to let them know you’ll be travelling so they don’t think the card has been stolen and cut you off.

Another thing I recommend is carrying your cash in a money belt, I find it safer.

When you pack, throw some clothing into your carry-on to lighten the weight of the suitcase and in case your luggage gets lost. Leave room for souveneirs & carry with you an extra copy of your pasport and hotel address list.

In terms of weight of luggage, it’s the airlines that are more strict than Contiki. Each airline has their own weight threshold & will only be too glad to charge you extra for going over. You can find out the limit/rules by going on the airline’s website.

Feel free to ask me anything else.

Brian (from New York)
    brij75@yahoo.com

Southern Ireland ‘97
    Grand Explorer ’00
    Rainbow Nation ’01 (no longer offered by Contiki)
    Beaches & Reefs ’02-’03

• 2 Aug 2007 Ruth73 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone. I just thought I would send a quick hello and tell you that I am very much looking forward to meeting you all. 47 sleeps for me. Can you tell I need a vacation. What part of the world are you all coming from? I’m in Calgary, Canada. See you all soon..

• 2 Aug 2007 Rach007 said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone! Looking forward to the trip!! My friend and I, both 24, are SOOO excited.. counting down the days as well!! We are from Ontario (Toronto area). Anyone have any suggestions on how much money to bring and how to bring it (ie. VISA, travellers chqs, cash)? Any idea what the weather is going to be like when we go… are you thinking summer clothes or more fall clothes?? Would love to talk to anyone going on this trip (Sept 21 starting in Spain). Can’t wait for the trip!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Aug 2007 Tal said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!

I am also getting really excited! As I mentioned earlier, I am doing this trip solo and also arrive in Madrid on 21st Sept. I am from Australia, so it is going to be a LONG flight!! I think it will still be fairly warm weather when we go. I would say a mixture of summer clothes and slightly warmer in case nights get cooler…

Can’t wait to meet everyone and hopefully chat some more before we meet!

Tali

• 6 Aug 2007 melissa123 said

Default_avatar

hey all.. just came back from med highlights this past friday. i had a BLAST@!!!! in response to Rach007’s question about money… i do not recommend travellers checks b/c you’re going to be on the go so much and you’re not going to have time to wait in line and cash them in. cash is good… and bring an ATM card & credit card…. but make sure to call your bank/credit card company first to let them know that you’re going away so that they don’t turn your card off (for fraud protection).

have a blast guys! it is such a great trip!!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Aug 2007 Morris said

Default_avatar

Hey was just wondering if anyone has received their tour package. Curious to know what types of places we will be staying.

• 12 Aug 2007 Tal said

Default_avatar

Hi Morris,

No haven’t received anything as yet… Probably only get it a couple of weeks or so before leaving. Where are you from?

Tali

• 14 Aug 2007 Morris said

Default_avatar

The 4 of us are all coming from the mid-Atlantic US.

• 14 Aug 2007 Ruth1973 said

Default_avatar

Hey Tal, I am arriving in on the evening of the 21st as well. I don’t know what time you get in but if it’s in the evening are you up for splitting a taxi? I get in about 8.

• 14 Aug 2007 Tal said

Default_avatar

Hey Ruth,

I am arriving at about 12:30 in the afternoon! What a shame… It would have been great to split a taxi! But maybe we can catch up at the hotel before the tour starts? See some sites on the 22nd during the day?

Ciao for now!

• 14 Aug 2007 Ruth1973 said

Default_avatar

Hey Tal,
    My friend Christina arrives in around 230pm on the 21st. We were definitly going to do some wondering on the 22nd. So seeing the sites with periodic wine tasting sounds fantastic.

• 15 Aug 2007 Tal said

Default_avatar

Fabulous! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 Aug 2007 Rach007 said

Default_avatar

Hi All! I just got my package yesterday.. with the itinerary and lots of info. Getting really excited! My friend and I are flying from Toronto and will be in Madrid in the afternoon. Anyone else flying KLM from Toronto? A month and a half until the trip… but who’s counting!!
    Looking forward to meeting everyone! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion