Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ireland & Scotland in August 2011???

10 Jan 2011 Britters asked

Britters
Hey Im a 22yr female using contiki for the first time goin solo! Any one thinking about going on this tour? It would be great to get to know people on this trip.....before this trip
  • 14 Jan 2011 Allyson said

Allyson

Hi! I’m Allyson and I’m a 20 year old female from Canada going solo as well. However, I’m pretty much just toying around with the idea of doing this as of right now. If I do, I’d go on the trip departing August 7th (or as close to that as possible).

I’m actually for sure doing The Easy Rider camping trip in July and I really wanted to hit Ireland and Scotland after. Originally I was going to do it on my own but I’m heavily considering doing another Contiki for it, so we’ll see!! Money is the only issue. If I do, it’d be awesome to get to know you!

• 23 Jan 2011 Scott said

Scott

Britters-

If you’re awesome, you should do the full Great Britain & Ireland trip on 3 Aug, because that’s what I’m doing. Already booked.

• 3 Feb 2011 Britters said

Britters

Hey Allyson I`m actually still toying with the dates as to when i want to go as well. I def. want to go in August, b/c thats when The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo festival happens. Which is like a badass concert all month but with bagpipes. And to Scott i was actually really considering doing that trip instead, i mean its only a few hundred more and it includes London, but the problem is that if i do that trip we would be arriving at Edinburgh on like a tues. and i would rather I be there on a Fri Sat night…… for drinking reasons, plus their would be more people there. Have either of you used contiki before?

• 24 Feb 2011 Jordy the EXPLORER said

Default_avatar

My friend and I are booked in to do the Great Britain and Ireland tour lleaving the 5th August. If your doing this tour add us on face book it would be great to chat before the tour !!! Jordan McCaul.

• 1 Mar 2011 ☆ TRiN ☆ said

☆ TRiN ☆

Hey…!
    I am doing the Great Britain & Ireland tour on the 12th Aug… Also have Edinburgh Military Tattoo tickets booked, I think for the 15th (Monday) it’s a night when they are doing the TV recording however, just happened to be the night we’re free there.
    Can’t wait…!!!

• 1 Mar 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Hey guys, I’m doing the Britain and Ireland tour on 23rd August. Can’t wait :)

• 27 Apr 2011 ~*EmilyC*~ said

~*EmilyC*~

Hey Trin, me and my sister are also doing the great britain & ireland trip departing aug 12! We are doing the london explorer extension before 9th-11.

• 1 May 2011 ☆ TRiN ☆ said

☆ TRiN ☆

Hey Emily… How exciting. We’re doing random London things once we get in… I think the 10th… Where are you staying?

• 4 May 2011 <3 Kimberly <3 said

<3 Kimberly <3

Hey Trin,
    I’m Kimberly, Emily’s sister. I’m also going on the trip :) We will be staying at the royal national.

• 8 May 2011 ☆ TRiN ☆ said

☆ TRiN ☆

Hi Kimberly… nice to hear from you :)
    Is that the place tours depart from? We havent booked anything yet, may stay with my cousin who’ll already be there. I sooooooo hope we have an awesome tour group. I dont want vomit on the bus :(

• 8 May 2011 <3 Kimberly <3 said

<3 Kimberly <3

Hahaha, yes I deffinitely hope there is no vomit on the bus either. And yes, that is the place where the tours depart from. I’m so excited!

• 18 May 2011 ☆ TRiN ☆ said

☆ TRiN ☆

Hey Emily, Kimberly… Join this group if you want… It’s for our tour :)
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_203182136380461

• 6 Jun 2011 Explorer1244413 said

Default_avatar

Does anyone know if this tour meets up with the tour in Ireland, it departs the same day as the Irelnd leg of this tour.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.