where to buy sleep sheet/sleeping bag liner?

17 May 2007 bec21 asked

I was thinkin of taking like a sleep sheet/sleeping bag liner on trip with me to sleep in...preferably silk or satin so its light..i know kathmandu has them but a lil expensive for me at the moment... anywher else sell them ?? Dont really want to pay more than $20.. or i could make one but not sure where sells silk/satin? Has anyone else taken one , and if so did they find they used it?
  • 17 May 2007 Curtis71 said

post deleted by Curtis

• 17 May 2007 bec21 said

No im not using it inside a sleeping bag, im doing a hotel tour…but i just thought it may come handy if we get to some dirty bed bug ridden hotel or hostel…and because it’ll be summer it’ll prob b warm enough to sleep in just that rather than hostel travellin 2 weeks after tour as well.

• 18 May 2007 Curtis71 said

Oh sorry! I totally misunderstood you.

• 19 May 2007 ashleightara said

Have you considered making one? Or asking a friend/relative to make one for you?

From what I’ve heard all you do is sew up two sides of a normal sheet and leave a bit of a flap at the top.

I’m still debating whether to take one myself, I might end up with just a little cuddly blanket instead and a spare pillow case.

• 19 May 2007 bellyk said

You can get them at most camping/outdoor stores

• 20 May 2007 cdm115 said

All the hotels contiki uses are required to supply fresh towels and sheets and stuff. The worst of the places i have stayed with contiki were clean but old. I can’t think of a time when i would have used a sleep sheet. I don’t think they would help with bed bugs either. They could just end up in the sheets and then you can carry them around you – that’s the reason most hostels supply sheets don’t let you bring in sleeping bags.

• 20 May 2007 MJ said

I am sure they do international orders but I get a lot of gear from and

• 20 May 2007 *B* said

I got a silk one from ebay for $30 including postage. It’s really good and really cheap concidering all the silk ones I seen on camping websites or in stores were $60. You should definatly get onto EBAY and have a look. Oh and it was brand new and came with a cover.

• 20 May 2007 *B* said

Sorry I forgot, you can also buy this Bed Bug stuff that you wash your stuff in and it kills the Bed Bugs on contact. Check out this website.

It should also be avalible in camping shops.

• 20 May 2007 Joanne said

i got a sleeping bag liner at
    it was cheap and comes in all different colours.

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.