Community_discussions_small  

Question

where to buy sleep sheet/sleeping bag liner?

17 May 2007 bec21 asked

Default_avatar
I was thinkin of taking like a sleep sheet/sleeping bag liner on trip with me to sleep in...preferably silk or satin so its light..i know kathmandu has them but a lil expensive for me at the moment... anywher else sell them ?? Dont really want to pay more than $20.. or i could make one but not sure where sells silk/satin? Has anyone else taken one , and if so did they find they used it?
  • 17 May 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

post deleted by Curtis

• 17 May 2007 bec21 said

Default_avatar

No im not using it inside a sleeping bag, im doing a hotel tour…but i just thought it may come handy if we get to some dirty bed bug ridden hotel or hostel…and because it’ll be summer it’ll prob b warm enough to sleep in just that rather than hostel sheets..im travellin 2 weeks after tour as well.

• 18 May 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

Oh sorry! I totally misunderstood you.

• 19 May 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

Bec,

Have you considered making one? Or asking a friend/relative to make one for you?

From what I’ve heard all you do is sew up two sides of a normal sheet and leave a bit of a flap at the top.

I’m still debating whether to take one myself, I might end up with just a little cuddly blanket instead and a spare pillow case.

• 19 May 2007 bellyk said

bellyk

You can get them at most camping/outdoor stores

• 20 May 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

All the hotels contiki uses are required to supply fresh towels and sheets and stuff. The worst of the places i have stayed with contiki were clean but old. I can’t think of a time when i would have used a sleep sheet. I don’t think they would help with bed bugs either. They could just end up in the sheets and then you can carry them around you – that’s the reason most hostels supply sheets don’t let you bring in sleeping bags.

• 20 May 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

I am sure they do international orders but I get a lot of gear from www.rei.com and www.basegear.com

• 20 May 2007 *B* said

Default_avatar

I got a silk one from ebay for $30 including postage. It’s really good and really cheap concidering all the silk ones I seen on camping websites or in stores were $60. You should definatly get onto EBAY and have a look. Oh and it was brand new and came with a cover.

• 20 May 2007 *B* said

Default_avatar

Sorry I forgot, you can also buy this Bed Bug stuff that you wash your stuff in and it kills the Bed Bugs on contact. Check out this website.

http://www.gogogear.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=1251

It should also be avalible in camping shops.

• 20 May 2007 Joanne said

Default_avatar

i got a sleeping bag liner at www.gogogear.com.au
    it was cheap and comes in all different colours.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.