Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Encounter Departing Oct/Nov 2010

28 Feb 2010 Traveling_D said

Default_avatar
Hi! Is anyone doing the Encounter in late October/early November? I'm still deciding on what date to go. I will be traveling solo - 29 from the US.
  • 1 Mar 2010 ToastedHat said

Default_avatar

Hey there – I booked a spot a few weeks ago for the tour departing November 6. Still seems like ages away though!

I’ll be travelling solo too. I’m 29 from Syd, Aus.

• 2 Mar 2010 Traveling_D said

Default_avatar

That’s the one I am hoping to join, my office seems to think it would be better (for them!) if I was to go earlier…just trying to work out the details with them!

Have you done any tours with Contiki before?

• 3 Mar 2010 ToastedHat said

Default_avatar

Sounds like a hassle. I just gave work my leave form and they signed it on the spot. Kind of helps when you have about 10 or so weeks in backlog and they’re telling you to use them up… lol

This is my first Contiki (or trip overseas for that matter), so I’m pretty pumped!

What about you?

• 5 Mar 2010 gotta_think said

gotta_think

Hi guys! I am doing European Encounter with my partner on Oct 16-30. I am so excited with this tour, first time with contiki. Whoelse is going on the same date?

• 5 Mar 2010 Traveling_D said

Default_avatar

This will be my first trip with Contiki. I did an internship in a small village in Holland about 20 minutes from the German border, so I’ve been to Amsterdam, Paris and a few of the small villages in Holland and Germany. I’m so excited about going back to Europe and seeing sooooo much more!

Still working on the date though, my boss is nervous about me being out of contact for such a long period so close to year end.

• 15 Mar 2010 ToastedHat said

Default_avatar

Internships in Holland? I knew I picked the wrong career!

No worries, let us know how you go.

• 27 Mar 2010 gotta_think said

gotta_think

Hello! Bumping this thread up.. there must be people travelling in Europe on Oct or Nov 2010?

What is the weather like in London during October? is it a rainy season there?

• 31 Mar 2010 Explorer1173322 said

Explorer1173322

Hey Hey, I’ll be heading over with my partner in november. I’ll have to check the exact date though. Early/mid november. Im 20, Patrick from newcastle, and the partner is 22, Rachel.

I’ll be living in London before, Heading over late august than doing a bit of a holiday.

• 16 Apr 2010 MissAdventure said

MissAdventure

I’m not going until the 27th of November but I’ve researched all the weather and anytime in november in London and pretty much any of the places the european encounter goes, expect rain and cold, max temp was 13 degrees in Rome! Enjoy!

• 20 Apr 2010 Explorer1173322 said

Explorer1173322

Thats awesome, where are you from missadventure.

My exact date is NOVEMBER 13 start.

Woo.

-Pat

• 5 Jun 2010 Renee26Adelaide said

Renee26Adelaide

A friend and I are doing 27th Nov…. Adelaide, Australia. First time overseas fo both of us. Massively excited already Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Jun 2010 Explorer1186823 said

Default_avatar

hello.

two of my friends and myself have just booked this tour departing 16th october!

however i will be in london from the 1st of september.. will any one else be there then as well?

• 7 Jun 2010 gotta_think said

gotta_think

hello guys! ive changed date from Oct 16 to Oct 8 instead due to leave conflicts. Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 9 Jun 2010 Explorer1185711 said

Default_avatar

Myself and two friends are doing the tour starting November 6th. So excited!

• 10 Jun 2010 ToastedHat said

Default_avatar

Hey Explorer1185711, I’ll be on the Nov 6 tour as well. Counting down the days here! Where are you all from?

• 11 Jun 2010 Cactus said

Default_avatar

Hey i’ll be going on the Nov 6 tour!! From Perth and will be in Sydney in October for work then heading the long way to London for the trip, should be fun!

• 16 Jun 2010 Explorer1173322 said

Explorer1173322

hey guys. my partner and I will be heading on the european encounter on the 13th to the 28th of november. We will be living in london by then but heading over mid august to live and work. Email me if anyone is going this tour at swainy33@gmail.com and we’ll facebook it from there.

Thanks, Pat.

• 1 Jul 2010 Chris said

Default_avatar

Hey..Im leaving on October 15 on tour..who else is doing this one..

Aussie
    Chris

• 7 Jul 2010 Justine said

Justine

Hi,
    Im travelling solo on this tour departing 16 October, I will be in London from 13 Oct,I’m super excited!

• 8 Jul 2010 Chris said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Justine:
    Hi,
    Im travelling solo on this tour departing 16 October, I will be in London from 13 Oct,I’m super excited!

Hey Justine, yea im also travelling solo for the tour, I will be in London by the 12th Oct..staying at the National Royal Hotel till the tour starts there..where r u travelling from?

Chris

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion