Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Tour Dates...

10 Sep 2008 Heather said

Heather
I am looking into several European tours (winter wanderer and london & paris) and I noticed some people saying their tours start on different dates than what is on the available dates I printed from the website.

Am I crazy or are there other tours I don't know about???
  • 10 Sep 2008 Heather said

Heather

Thanks for the info! So if I see someone who says their tour starts within a day or two of mine, they are most likely on the same tour?

I would be traveling alone so I was hoping to knowof someone else ont he tour beforehand.

• 10 Sep 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Yes … the actual tour starts 2 days after if you are looking at European start dates in a North American publication.

- Vic

• 10 Sep 2008 Bekahangel said

Default_avatar

If I remember rightly from reading the posts it depends on where you live. I live in Australia and my tour starts the day it says on the website but I think if you live in America you get the night before at the royal national as part of your tour included so their tour technically starts the day before mine etc. I could be wrong though.

• 10 Sep 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

North American departures to Europe have the option of purchasing the flights as part of the Contiki tour package (at a substantial cost). Hence, the 2 additional flying days. So in reality, the actual European tour durations published in the North American brochure are 2 days shorter.

The 28 day European Panorama sounds more impressive when listed as 30 days. The published cost/day is also lower too Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> A little clever marketing trick.

- Vic

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion