Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Northern 8th July 2011 (start New York)

31 Oct 2010 Summer said

Default_avatar
Hi guys, is anyone going on this tour? I am very excited about the trip (I actually can't wait for it). Wink
  • 1 Nov 2010 Shenae said

Default_avatar

Hi Izzie,

I’m doing the North by North East on the 8th July which I think from what I’ve read combines with the Grand Northern from NY to Chicago.

• 3 Nov 2010 AmyK82 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys, I’m Amy and I’m booked on this Grand Northern tour too…can’t wait!

• 4 Nov 2010 Summer said

Default_avatar

I am sure it’s gonna be so much fun! Is it your first trip with Contiki?

• 4 Nov 2010 AmyK82 said

Default_avatar

No, I did New York New Year & the Grand Southern at the beginning of this year.. I’m working in Canada at the moment so I’m doing a few more tours and some travelling around before I head back home to Australia late next year. Is it your first contiki tour?

• 5 Nov 2010 Shenae said

Default_avatar

Hey Amy and Summer this will be my fifth I’ve done Grand Explorer NZ, European Explorer, I did the Best of USA last year and then did Egypt & The Nile earlier this year. So are you originally from Australia Amy? If so where? I’m from Perth. I think this tour will be heaps of fun I only get to do half of it but it sounds like we’ll get to see a lot. I’m especially looking forward to seeing Niagara Falls they look amazing!

• 5 Nov 2010 Summer said

Default_avatar

Hi Amy, hi Shenae, yes it’s my first contiki tour. I lived in Sydney for three months – I totally love Australia btw. Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> I am looking forward to doing the helicopter flight across the Grand Canyon. Quebec looks also simply amazing.

• 5 Nov 2010 AmyK82 said

Default_avatar

Hi Summer & Shenae! I’m originally from Australia Shenae, I’m from Brisbane. Where are you from Summer? I’m looking forward to the helicopter flight across the Grand Canyon too – we didn’t get to do it on the Grand Southern I was on because of snow & fog. I’m also looking forward to Chicago, Quebec, Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone…I’m looking forward to the whole tour! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 9 Feb 2011 Tracy08 said

Default_avatar

Hey! I’m also doing the Grand Northern from New York on 8th July… This will be my first Contiki trip and I’m travelling solo… so kinda excited but some what nervous at the same time!! lol… I’m from South Australia.. looking forward to meeting you all! :)

• 15 Mar 2011 Katrina said

Default_avatar

Hi!!! My sis and I are also doing the Grand Northern!! We are also doing the Grand Southern before and New York Explorer!!! We are from Queensland!!!! Im so excited not long to go now!!!

• 15 Mar 2011 Shenae said

Default_avatar

Hi Tracy and Katrina. Great to see that there’s even more people now! Tracy I’m also travelling on my own and I’ve done a few previously on my own and loved it. There’s normally quite a few people travelling on their own and don’t worry you normally end up meeting heaps of people really quickly. When is everyone getting to New York? I’m there from July 4th so if anyone wants to catch up prior to the tour let me know :)

• 16 Mar 2011 Katrina said

Default_avatar

Hi Shenae, we get into New York on the 4th July, when the Grand Southern tour finishes!!!

• 16 Mar 2011 sarah said

Default_avatar

hi guys i have just booked the grand northern on 8 july, first trip like this and coming on my own so bit nervous and excited. was just wondering if i should bring a suitcase or a big backpack cant wait to meet everyone i arrive in the tour hotel on the 6th c u all soon

• 1 Apr 2011 Megs said

Default_avatar

Hi guys, have just booked myself on the Grand Northern 8th July and the New York Explorer starting the 5th July. Not long to wait now!

• 9 Apr 2011 Daisy said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! I have also booked this tour! Sounds like there are a couple of aussies on this tour – i am from Sydney. I will be in new york from the 28th of June. I can’t wait!! =)

• 9 Apr 2011 giggle_23 said

giggle_23

i did grand northern last year and was totally awesome!! just a warning in the last 8 days before the tour finishes it’s all full on from hiking in the national parks!!

• 1 May 2011 Macky_89 said

Default_avatar

hey i’m booking this tour this week….heading on my own from the UK. bit nervous going on my own, as i haven’t travelled alone before…many others in the same position?

• 2 May 2011 Daisy said

Default_avatar

I am doing the tour by myself too and I haven’t traveled on my own before either. I’m a little nervous but i am sure the nerves will go as soon as i get on the tour.

• 5 May 2011 Megs said

Default_avatar

I’m doing this trip by myself too. I did 6 weeks in Europe a couple of years ago by myself and it was awesome! Half the tour were travelling by themselves. We’ll have a couple of drinks the first night and it’ll be like we’ve all been together for ages!

• 12 May 2011 Macky_89 said

Default_avatar

hey, when is everyone else going to be in NY? i’m going to be there on the 6th july night and staying in the skyline hotel, so if anyone else is going to be around we should arrange a meeting before the tour starts. :)

• 14 May 2011 Katrina said

Default_avatar

Hey, we will be getting there on the 4th July, we are doin the New York Explorer from the 5th July. We are also staying at the Skyline Hotel.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.