Community_discussions_small  

Question

Age Limit?

21 Sep 2007 OzzieChic asked

Default_avatar
Hi,
I know it's 18 to 35 but how strict is the age limit on contiki?? I heard that you can have someone older come with you on a tour as long as they are with another passenger under 35. Anyone know???
  • 24 Sep 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi,
    My travel agent was trying to get my mom to go on a tour. She would have been 41 by the time she went and the guy said he could sneek her in.

Nicky

• 10 Oct 2007 aussieGUY said

aussieGUY

what’s with the age limit anyway, is it to keep it fun? not that old people can’t be fun..

• 15 Oct 2007 gracesc said

Default_avatar

I was worried about that too as I’m over the limit by a year, but I sent an email to a contiki staff and they told me absolute upper limit was 38. Depending on which tour I want to go on, it may or may not be a problem, but as I’m 36, I was told there shouldn’t be any problem.

• 16 Apr 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

I am in a bit of a bind right now.Looking at doing my final Contiki ever at the end of next year BUT UNLESS I can get a departure before or on 20 December 2012 I can forget it I am looking at booking a Berlin Prague and Vienna tour if allowed to go otherwise I have to look at Insight which offers a similar itinerary but without Berlin.Also This is my big sole end of year Holiday I am planning for next year

• 17 Apr 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

What I was concerned about Praha is I may or may not make the cut off age depending on the date the actual tour departs.My other option Is to buy a rail pass and do those places on my own which may cost about the same but won’t have the ease of a tour group or companion ship.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion