Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Night before tour...Royal National

25 Mar 2009 Explorer1124913 said

Default_avatar
Is the accomodations the night before tour departure included in the tour price or is this something that we book ahead? Im sure its somewhere in this forum... cant seem to find it. any help appreciated.
  • 25 Mar 2009 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I think it depends on what country you are from. I know if you are from Canada the night before is included. Other countries may be different.

• 26 Mar 2009 queenchristina said

queenchristina

As Kelsey said. If you’re from Australia, I’m pretty sure we have to book our own accom for the night before.

• 26 Mar 2009 Taz said

Default_avatar

Yeah, if you’re from Australia you will need to book this accomodation extra. I’ve booked the night before and the night when we get back from tour!

• 26 Mar 2009 Explorer1124913 said

Default_avatar

ya we are from Canada so I quess this is taken care of..thanks for the info.

• 26 Mar 2009 BlueShamrock said

BlueShamrock

Is the Royal National the one that Contiki books for their tours? What about the Imperial Hotel? My travel agent mentioned they also use this one, and we booked this hotel for the weekend prior to our Great Britain trip (Aug 29 – Sept 1) because it was 10 dollars cheaper per night than the Royal, and it had better reviews overall on trip advisor (very important to me!)

I wonder if they use both, if you can choose which you’d rather stay in.

• 26 Mar 2009 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Imperial is (barely) slightly better, but many of the rooms face Russell Square (park).

Only bookings from North America include a pretour night stay.

- Vic

• 28 Mar 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

Tour dates for North Americans will be listed as a start date 2 days before the tour actually departs London. It assumes you’ll be flying in on an overnight flight day 1 to day 2. then staying that night at either the RN or the Imperial – day 2 to day 3. The tour actually starts on day 3 for North Americans.

If you’re doing a concept tour you’ll stay at the RN, for a hotel tour you’ll stay at the Imperial. Vouchers for that night will be included in your travel documents.

• 31 Mar 2009 Tazza said

Tazza

Quick question, if anyone can help….my brother lives in London and I arrive a few days before my tour starts on May 16th and will be staying with him first. Would it be best to book the night before the tour starts at the Royal National/Imperial, or stay with him and catch a cab to the hotel the morning the tour departs? I obviously can save a bit of money staying at his place, but was wondering if anyone else had ideas about what would be best to do.

• 31 Mar 2009 said

Default_avatar

I stayed up in Kensington Gardens area the night before my tour. Just took a early Cab over and was there with lots of time.

If the first night isn’t included for you, just stay at your Brothers. Well that is as long as the Cab ride to the Royal National is under 80quid lol My ride from Kensington was around 30ish with tip.

Also it is worth-while to show up for the pre-tour meeting the night before departure. Just hop on the tube over for that though.

But yah, no worries on staying elsewhere the night before. You might miss out on a bit of pre-tour bonding if you have to take off before the last train, but even then you will have lots of time to socialize between 7 and 11/12.

• 31 Mar 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

See if your brother can give you an idea of what the cab fare is from his place to the RN. It’s probably cheaper to stay with him and pay for the cab. But if it’s close in price and the cab ride is lengthy then staying at the RN is your better option.

If you’re not busy with something else it is good to go to the pre-tour meeting. You get your paperwork out of the way and get some of the jitters out of you since you’ll get a chance to meet a few people on tour. The meeting is only about a half hour to an hour.

• 31 Mar 2009 JeffersonNYSE said

JeffersonNYSE

Oh yeah….I forgot the first night was included.

Personally I’d just stay at the RN, just makes life easier. I found that first night after meeting everyone we all ended up going out and getting to know each other. If you cab it, instead of tube it, give yourself TONS of time cuz anytime I’ve been driven around London it takes FOREVER. It would just suck to get stuck in traffic and miss the departure. Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

• 21 May 2009 tiny_dancer said

Default_avatar

Hey All,
    I aggree. … RN is the way to go the night pre tour. … Easy access to contiki basement for pre tour meeting …and you wont have to get up so early the day of the tour coz the tour leaves from right outside the RN. … As for cost … It’s double what I’m paying for a hostel in london but it is one night and much more convenient. You can book online directly or through your travel agent .. i did it through the travel agent (keep all the paperwork together) as the price difference wasnt much.
    Mel.

• 27 May 2009 Explorer1123323 said

Default_avatar

Hi All

I’m from South Africa and i booked my tour at the beginning of the year so couldn’t get the free nights accommodation but when I wanted to book the accommodation with the SA contiki rep she wanted to charge me R710.00 per person per night but when I contacted the Contiki basement they charged only 30 pounds per person which is like R430 per person. They were really helpful!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion