Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Getting from London Airports to accommodation

1 Mar 2010 *Aussie Gal* said

*Aussie Gal*
I'll be landing in London, not sure which airport and need to get to the Contiki basement, which is the Royal National Hotel I believe.

What is the best mod of travel for this?

Thanks!
  • 2 Mar 2010 *Aussie Gal* said

*Aussie Gal*

Thanks Tash Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Any idea how long it takes to get to that particular hotel?

• 2 Mar 2010 Mitchell_w said

Mitchell_w

Hi Aussie,

As Tash said, just hop on the tube, not very expensive.
    Just careful when you get off the tube in Russell Square, dont take the stairs…..

From memory, you come out of the exit onto the street. Turn left… walk straight until you get to the main road (only a minute or two walk).

From memory the Royal is then a right turn.

Which tour are you doing?

• 2 Mar 2010 *Aussie Gal* said

*Aussie Gal*

I’m doing the European Highlights tour, Sep 24th Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I cannot wait!!! I’m bringing my younger sister along. Will be our first time in Europe. I’ve been to America before (not Contiki, went solo) but this will be her first time overseas.

Thanks so much for the info everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Mar 2010 Abi08 said

Abi08

Hi Aussie Gal,

There is an article on the Contiki website that explains how to get to Royal National.

http://contiki.com.au/contikip…throw-airport-london

Good Luck and have fun on your tour Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Mar 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

For 16 GBP you can take the express, it’s 15 minutes into London.

http://www.heathrowexpress.com

• 8 Mar 2010 Wez said

Wez
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tash:
    I arrived from Heathrow airport and i just got the tube to Russell Square,thats the cheapest way into the city.You could get a taxi but your looking at paying around $60 plus.

I would also recommend taking the Underground to Russel Square. It’s about a 40 minute trip.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.