Community_discussions_small  

Question

Budget tour - what to bring?

3 Jun 2008 Julia asked

Default_avatar
i'm on the budget / concept tour...and i understd that we needa bring towels / sleeping bags etc...however, i'm wondering if we needa bring stuff that we normally get from hotel?

-alarm clock (if morning call is NOT available)
-shower gel / tooth paste?
-hair drying/iron (i believe they prob won't be available)

thanks,
julia
  • 3 Jun 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

Yep bring them all. If you are bringing a hair dryer or iron be sure to check if you need a converter set to go with your adapters too. They don’t normally accept the large voltage range that other things do.

• 4 Jun 2008 Julia said

Default_avatar

just to confirm…so they have NO morning call service??…i really do not wanna bring my BIG alarm clock for a trip…thanks!!!!

cheers,
    julia

• 4 Jun 2008 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by Julia:
    just to confirm…so they have NO morning call service??…i really do not wanna bring my BIG alarm clock for a trip…thanks!!!!

If you’re taking your mobile use that as your alarm or buy a small travel alarm clock, they’re only about $20 and fit in the palm of your hand.

• 4 Jun 2008 CatherineOz said

Default_avatar

If you’re coming from Australia you don’t need to worry about converters when plugging things in.

• 4 Jun 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I just got done on the Euro Whirl, and we only stayed in two hotels – London and Amsterdam. After that we stayed in Hostels, Campsites (Cabins), and Contiki Special Stops and I can easily say that almost every one of the non-hotel stops did not have a phone in the room. You could get lucky and hope someone else in your room (likely 3 to 4 share the whole trip) has one and rely on them, but if no one brings one someone will have to buy one.

• 5 Jun 2008 Julia said

Default_avatar

just wondering…will there be any pillow?

if not, maybe i can just make it using my clothes or sthg???

thanks!!!

• 5 Jun 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

You’ll always have a pillow. Most campsites will give you one sheet for the bed and you’ll have to have a sleeping bag. If you are from the US or Canada you will receive a voucher to pick up a sleeping bag (a really nice one) from the Contiki basement in London, otherwise you’d have to bring your own.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.