Community_discussions_small  

Comment

about Grand Canyon

13 Jul 2007 steve said

Default_avatar
hi everyone im stephen from Australia im going to do the Grand Northern Contiki trip next May 2008 and i want to go to the glass sky walk but dont exaxtly know how to get there i will be going to the north rim and would like to know how long it would take to get to the sky walk so if anyones been there please help
  • 13 Jul 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

Hey stephen!!
    Welcome to my neck of the woods.. you may want to reconsider the sky walk thing. It cost about $80 us pp and you can’t take pictures. Its a long drive about 10 miles of it on bumpy dirt roads. Do a search and I posted a link in another post with all the details. But honestly I’d do the s rim and skip the sky walk. North rim to my home town Williams is about 3 1/2 hrs give or take. Then its about 4 hr or so just from Williams to there because the dirt road takes a long time. I’d do N rim and S rim. The s rim has all the classic ohh and ahhh views that everyone is familiar with and will save you tons of $$ if you skip the sky walk. I haven’t done it yet but if you go to www.tripadvisor.com and go to the arizona part of it and do a search for sky walk you will see why. I haven’t heard any real good reviews. Feel free to email me at
    dragonflyladyofarizona@hotmail.com

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion