Community_discussions_small  

Question

China adventure Oct 28 2013

6 Jul 2013 brittany asked

brittany

Just looking to see who else is doing this tour or thinking of going? :)

• 6 Jul 2013 Anna said

Default_avatar

hey I’m Anna, I’m going on that tour :)! it is my first tour ever!
    have you booked it or just thinking about it?

• 7 Jul 2013 brittany said

brittany

Hey Anna :) I’m going to book it soon, so excited ! It’s my first tour as well. Are you travelling solo or with someone?

• 15 Jul 2013 Anna said

Default_avatar

No I’m not travelling me anyone, be solo! Which is abit scary but I’m sure others will be too :) you decided which your you’re doing? X

• 19 Jul 2013 Jessica said

Jessica

Hey, I’m Jess :D I have booked this tour also, it is my first Contiki :D Thought I’d do something a bit different to what I normally do as I am always travelling alone :/

Where are you guys from? I’m from Perth, Australia :D

• 20 Jul 2013 brittany said

brittany

Hi Jess! Good to see there’s another solo traveller :) I’m from the gold coast. What are you guys doing about spending money etc? I have no idea how much money we would need. Are you staying extra nights in Beijing or hong kong before/after the tour?

• 20 Jul 2013 Jessica said

Jessica

Oh awesome I love the Gold Coast :) I’m not entirely sure how much money I’ll take. I fly into Beijing early on the 27th and I’ll be staying in Hong Kong until the 13th. I haven’t booked my accommodation yet for Hong Kong, can’t really decide where to stay haha

• 20 Jul 2013 Anna said

Default_avatar

I’m from the Uk so will be catching a flight out of Manchester :)
    I arrive a day early before the tour starts and thinking about staying a day later as I’m doing another tour after.
    I was going to ask the same! I don’t know wether to take cash and a cash card thing or one or the other, I don’t really know how the card works with the different currencies etc
    Eeee I’m so glad you found this discussion! Starting to think it would just be the two of us going it alone ! Hehe

• 20 Jul 2013 Jessica said

Jessica

Eeek I’m so excited haha :) only 98 days til I fly out haha. I booked this tour way back in January and the waithas taken forever lol. I’m so glad I found this discussion also I’ve been thinking I was the only one so far hehe. I’m going to look into the cards soon, I used a travel money card when I went to Taiwab and Japan. It was a bit hard to use in Japan as most places you need to pay cash. Not sure if China is the same.

• 21 Jul 2013 brittany said

brittany

I used a cash passport card when I went to Europe and I’m going to use it again and take a credit card as well. I’m looking at flying in the morning of the 28th, and not too sure about after the tour. I’m going to book a one way flight and then see what I feel like doing after the tour :) soo excited!

• 31 Jul 2013 Natalie_Rap said

Default_avatar

Hi Brittany, Jessica and Anna! I will also be attending this Contiki solo. It will be my second Contiki. I went to Vietnam last year. I am from Brisbane, Australia.

• 1 Aug 2013 brittany said

brittany

Hi Natalie :) good to see another person on the tour! Are you going to be spending any extra time in hong kong afterwards?

• 1 Aug 2013 Natalie_Rap said

Default_avatar

Hi Brittany. Yes I plan on staying for a few days to do some shopping. I also plan on going to Seoul before the trip starts. Is anyone else going anywhere before the trip starts?

• 1 Aug 2013 Rahul said

Rahul

Hi Everyone I am also planning this tour & wanted to go few places in India after that..is anyone interested to join me for India ?

• 6 Aug 2013 Jessica said

Jessica

Hey guys, I’ve been having trouble replying to this discussion on my phone grrr. What do you guys think about dressing up and having a halloween party?? :D :D

• 6 Aug 2013 Jessica said

Jessica

Hey guys, I’ve been having trouble replying to this discussion on my phone grrr. What do you guys think about dressing up and having a halloween party?? :D :D

• 6 Aug 2013 Natalie_Rap said

Default_avatar

Jessica, as discussed I am totally up for it, even if we are on the overnight train we can celebrate it the next next night!

• 9 Aug 2013 Jessica said

Jessica

Yeah I reckon it’d be fun :D Where is everyone going to stay in Hong Kong afterwards? There are so many options :/ Anyone going to go to Disneyland?

• 9 Aug 2013 Anna said

Default_avatar

Sorry guys I haven’t responded in a while! Hi Natalie and Rahul :) glad there’s a few more finding this convo :) I have another tour booked after sink can’t go other places and explore with you Rahul, where you flying in from?
    Jessica, I’ve booked a night in Hong Kong through contiki as you can have 1 night before or after in each area so I will be staying 1 night at where we finish up in Hong Kong as I thought that’s what most people would do? X

• 9 Aug 2013 brittany said

brittany

Haven’t booked my hong kong accomodation yet, will probably book at the contiki recommended for that last night then not sure after that. I’ll see where others book, will probably spend a few more nights in hong kong. And yes, definitely keen for Disneyland !

• 11 Aug 2013 brittany said

brittany

Hey guys :) so I’ve booked two extra nights in hong kong after the tour ends in the hotel that contiki recommends. I just thought it would be easier, the last thing I feel like doing after the tour ends is having to find my way around hong kong to a new hotel! Hopefully others are staying here too :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion