Community_discussions_small  

Question

China adventure Oct 28 2013

6 Jul 2013 brittany asked

brittany

Just looking to see who else is doing this tour or thinking of going? :)

• 11 Aug 2013 Natalie_Rap said

Default_avatar

Hey Brittany, sounds good. I too am going to stay in Hong Kong for a few nights extra after the trip. From my last Contiki experience the whole trip can at times feel a bit rushed. So I would recommend to everyone who hasn’t been on one before to book a few extra nights in Hong Kong or keep them spare to be able to go back to a place you really liked, or even go somewhere else with someone you’ve met on Contiki.

Do you have the list of our hotels yet? I haven’t been given this, but too would also find it helpful to start organising.

Thanks
    Nat

• 11 Aug 2013 Anna said

Default_avatar

I will be too :) but for 1 night

• 12 Aug 2013 Anna said

Default_avatar

I will be too :)
    What’s everyone done about visas?

• 12 Aug 2013 Natalie_Rap said

Default_avatar

I need to apply for my visa soon. I think it can take up to a month to get one.

• 21 Aug 2013 Martina said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone, just wanna let you know, that my two friends and i also booked that tour today. :-)
    We just plan to stay in Hong Kong 2 extra nights. Maybe we will also book the nights in the contiki hotel.
    We are’e really looking forward to meet you! :-) bye bye…

• 21 Aug 2013 brittany said

brittany

Hi martina! Nice to see some more people have booked! :) where abouts are you and your friend from?

I applied for my visa last week, it’s crazy how much information they want! I did mine through my travel agent which was lucky because they wanted extra information about my accomodation through contiki and the travel agent sorted it all :)

• 26 Aug 2013 Pia81 said

Default_avatar

Hey, we are from Austria! Can you tell us the name of the hotels Contiki recommends in Beijing and Hong Kong? We also plan to stay two days longer in Hong Kong after the tour.

• 29 Aug 2013 Brent said

Default_avatar

So whats the name of the hotel in Hong Kong everyone one is staying in after the tour? I’m likely going to stay for an extra 2 nights to revisit things and explore!

• 29 Aug 2013 brittany said

brittany

Hi Brent, good to see there is a guy coming, was looking like an all girls trip for a while there! The hotel in hong kong is called harbour plaza metropolis hong kong :)

• 29 Aug 2013 Brent said

Default_avatar

I just checked the room prices, not exactly the cheapest of accommodations for your typical backpacker style traveler….. But if everyone is staying there after the trip it would be fun. Plus not having to change hotels after the last day would save a fair bit of time. How long are you staying in Hong Kong Brittany?

brittany

Yeah I saw that it’s a bit pricey, luckily for me my travel agent made a mistake and booked 2 nights at the hotel afterwards through contiki at the discounted rate, when you can only book one so the travel agent has had to pay the extra money otherwise I couldn’t afford it! Just the two nights, I think that will be more than enough considering we already spend a night there on the tour. Where abouts are you from Brent?

• 29 Aug 2013 Brent said

Default_avatar

I agree, I’m going to book for 2 nights in Hong Kong, then fly home on Nov 10. Should be plenty of time. I live near Vancouver. Surprisingly reasonable and direct flights. Where abouts are you from? Are you staying in Beijing ahead of time? I’m thinking 2 nights…. I want to spend time hiking a different section of the great wall.

• 29 Aug 2013 Jessica said

Jessica

From what I’ve seen Hong Kong accommodation is a lot more expensive than other Asian cities for a standard room. I’m not leaving Hong Kong until the 13th so I might stay at Contiki hotel for an extra night or two and then go to a different hotel/area afterwards

brittany

I’m from Australia, so no direct flights for me lol. I arrive in Beijing the night before the tour starts

• 29 Aug 2013 Brent said

Default_avatar

Yeah, but I think my direct flight is over 11 hours long…. I hate planes. Worth it though, China is going to be surreal.

• 30 Aug 2013 Adina said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I’ve just booked the tour! I’m so excited!

• 30 Aug 2013 Brent said

Default_avatar

Sweet! where are you from? What day are you getting in?

I’ve book my flights now… and I’m getting there two days early to explore a bit!

• 31 Aug 2013 Adina said

Default_avatar

I’m from Switzerland. I haven’t book my flight yet. But I plan to arrive one day before the tour starts and stay one more night in hong kong…

• 29 Sep 2013 brittany said

brittany

Less than a month to go guys! Getting pretty excited now :)

• 23 Mar 2014 SHAUNA said

SHAUNA

Hey everyone I hope you all had fun. Can any of you offer friendly advice I have booked this trip going May 2015 ie hotels, spending money or dos and donts.
    Thanks!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion