Community_discussions_small  

Question

Camping Or Hotel Which is Best?

28 Aug 2010 Explorer~1987 asked

Explorer~1987
I am looking at going on a Contiki tour of Europe - Just wanting to know what people think is better out of Camping or Hotels.

Also does anyone know what type of Powerpoints are on the Contiki Bus?
  • 7 Sep 2010 J35S1CAA said

Default_avatar

Its really an individual thing. I did camping and loved it, more for the experience of camping through europe and the people. You party more together than the others, but prepare to get dirty. Tents can be a * to put up and the lilos a lil uncomfy. Cant beat the price though as long as you dont mind helping cook and clean once. Good luck deciding, either way youll have fun for sure.

• 17 Sep 2010 lizzie said

lizzie

Camping was amazing!!! u get really close to ur group and the drive days r always interesting… ppl usually slept in the morning then everyone would be jumping around to talk to ppl or playing coach games, the tents where pretty easy to get up and take down sucked in the rain but its all part of the experience i found the lilo comfy and i also had a couple cabin upgrades when iw anted a bit of room or had heaps to charge and they dont cost that much more and usually u can find 4 ppl to share, the most expensive was in corfu which was 40 euro a night but hen between 4 that was only 10 euro and that had its own bathroom and kitchen and everything they ranged between 5e to 10 e per person per night and when u want a break just book a cabin if the cost isnt an issue… either way u will love it but camping was amazing! if u have any questions just ask

• 27 Jul 2011 Nicola_1810 said

Default_avatar

Hey I just got back from the Escape which is the second half of the expedition, the first half is the little hopper. It was amazing! camping was the best. It didn’t take long to put the tents up and everyone helped each other out. I would deff do a camping trip again. It was really social and people became closer and really good freinds becuase we were all together the whole time. I went alone and met some amazing people who I have felt like Ive known forever.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion