Community_discussions_small  

Question

Hawaii

9 Jul 2013 Stek83 asked

Stek83

Hi

I am going to be in Hawaii from the 19th-23rd of September 2013. I am probably going to book the Waikiki 4 day Explorer tour. I haven't as of yet. Is anyone going/thinking of going around those dates? There doesnt seem to be much info on the tour and from what I can tell there is no tour manager.

Stephen

• 11 Jul 2013 kellym777 said

kellym777

Hi Stephen, I am booked to do this with 3 other friends from September 28. There is no tour manager, its basically just accomodation organised through Contiki and you get a trip to Pearl Harbour included in the price. There are no activities or anything organised like regular tours have. Hope that helps! :)

• 11 Jul 2013 Stek83 said

Stek83

Cheers for that Kelly. Yes I had kinda gather it was something along those lines. Hope ya have a good trip.

Steve

• 17 Jul 2013 Ashley said

Ashley

I’m thinking of going from Sept 12th – 16th. There is a ‘Contiki Concierge’ which I guess works the same as the hotel concierge (assuming it’s not the same person) as far as giving you options for activities, etc.
    Do you know what hotel Contiki uses for this tour?

• 18 Jul 2013 Stek83 said

Stek83

As far as I know the hotel is The Park Shore hotel!
    Yes I think that’s what the deal is so its pretty much an individual tour unless there are a few others doing it the same time. I think I might just book into a hostel as that will be better craic and will meet more people!

• 18 Jul 2013 kellym777 said

kellym777

The hotel recently changed, it is now the queen kapiolani hotel. All you get is the hotel, breakfast voucher for coffee and pastry daily and a tour to pearl harbour. you don’t have a tour manager or meet “tour mates” as such

• 7 Aug 2013 Stek83 said

Stek83

Bump!

• 16 Aug 2013 Zoe said

Zoe

It is still the Park Shore as that’s where I’m currently staying under contiki, unless they changed it after I booked mine back in Feb and just honouring those who had already booked… Regardless, if it is the Park Shore, you’ll be right on the beach, gorgeous view. Pearl Harbour and the USS Arizona is included, you’ll get picked up and dropped off. You’ll also get subway vouchers for breakfast which is just around the corner.

• 11 Sep 2013 Stek83 said

Stek83

Bump!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.