Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Michelangelo's David & Last Supper

13 Dec 2010 Explorer1211719 said

Default_avatar
Hey guys, is it necessary to book in advance for Michelangelo's David in florence and 'Last Supper' in Milan for winter time? (end of year and new year time) Cheers
  • 15 Dec 2010 The Virgin Backpacker said

Default_avatar

If you want to buy the tix for David yourself there’s another museum just around the corner that has basically no queue. You can buy your tix there and walk straight in. I’m sorry I don’t have my Lonely Planet book on me but if you check in there it tells you the name of the other museum Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Make sure to check it out though-it is breathtaking in real life!!!!

• 17 Dec 2010 Moreena said

Default_avatar

For David in Florence, I just we just attached ourselves to another tour and walked in there with them. It’s a different que to the normal one. But in the group que, you still have to do things seperately once you get in, so the have no way of knowing if your with a group or not.

• 8 Jan 2011 Explorer1053612 said

Default_avatar

If you want to buy the tix for David yourself there’s another museum just around the corner that has basically no queue. You can buy your tix there and walk straight in. I’m sorry I don’t have my Lonely Planet book on me but if you check in there it tells you the name of the other museum Smiler

Make sure to check it out though-it is breathtaking in real life!!!!

- The Virgin Backpacker
    www.thevirginbackpacker.com

Just in reply to this, I tried to do this in July 2010 and was told the tickets for David could only be used the next day by the old lady at the other museum. There was a huge line so we decided to pay a little extra for a guided tour to skip the line. Once you are in you can go and see what ever you want and leave when you are ready.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion