Community_discussions_small  

Question

City passes for museums are they worth it?

1 Aug 2010 Explorer1103115 asked

Explorer1103115
I was wondering if anyone had purcahsed and used any of the passes you can buy which cover admission into lots of museums, churches and transport and give discount on other stuff too in cities like Dublin, Florence, Rome, Amsterdam, Prague or any other of main cities in Europe.

Are they good value or are you better off to just pay admission into places you want to go to and pay for transport as well?

Any info or advice would be welcome. I'm doing Contrasts tour in few weeks and wondering if we should buy any of these passes before we go or once we get there.

Cheers Big Grin
  • 1 Aug 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

They can be, but they can also be a waste. If you have a full day and would like to see a couple places that are included then it’s worth considering. If you have a half day in a city or only want to see 1 or 2 places on the list, then it’s probably not worth it.

Take a look at what is on the list and add up the cost of the admission to the places you want to go and that will tell you if it’s worth it. I wouldn’t recommend doing it in every city, sometimes it’s fun to run around a city and see lots, but you don’t want to do that in every city.

• 4 Aug 2010 Explorer1103115 said

Explorer1103115

Thanks CDM

I’m doing a contrasts tour soon so we should have a full day and maybe another half in most cities?

I wasn’t going to get one for every city but thought it might save us some $$ in places like Rome and Florence and Amsterdam where we would be going to a few museums etc

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.