Community_discussions_small  

Question

Tour Song??

14 May 2008 Bradleyc123 asked

Bradleyc123
Hey

To those who have been on a tour already, what was your tour song? And did you get a choice?
  • 10 Mar 2012 aferraro said

Default_avatar

Did a New Zealand tour in January 1994. Our song was Tom Petty’s “Running down a Dream”
    see it at youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1D3a5eDJIs
    haven’t heard it in years until very recently, took a few moments to recall the association. Brought back fond memories…I think that was the intention.

• 11 Mar 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

I swear to god if that Rebecca Black song is my tour song, I’m going to ask for a refund

• 12 Mar 2012 Bec14 said

Bec14

tour i did was LA to the Bay and our song was ‘best song in the world’ by tenacious D

• 12 Mar 2012 TravelBug26 said

TravelBug26

I did Scottland and Ireland last year and our song rocked it was “Home for a Rest”

• 13 Mar 2012 ellymichelley said

ellymichelley

When I did my NZ tour. The tour guide tried to convince us that it was going to be “C is for Cookie” by Cookie Monster. Instead she made it “hey Boys and Girls” by evermore as everyone didnt like cookie monster.

• 17 Mar 2012 Explorer1307236 said

Default_avatar

Our song was Mad Caddies “Leavin”. We thought it was crap at first but we ended up loving it after a few days.

• 18 Mar 2012 candy said

Default_avatar

i did european impressions back in 2008 and our song was ACDC shook me all night long!

• 18 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Sweetness – Jimmy Eat World

• 3 Apr 2012 simone said

Default_avatar

i have had red hot chilli peppers around the world in the u.s and in nz i have im gonna break your heart
    taio cruiz

• 21 Apr 2012 daniela said

Default_avatar

‘i like it’ by enrique iglelias and pitbull…. european inspiration june 2011!

• 30 Apr 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I have done a few Contiki’s, in 2007 in NZ we had “Move Along” by the All American Rejects. I did a UK/Ireland Tour and even though our day song was “Beautiful Day” by U2, I associate “Whiskey in the Jar” more with that tour as that was our going out song when we were in Ireland!!! :) When I went through Europe it was “The Middle” by Jimmy Eat World and our wake up song was “Business Time” by flight of the Conchords. All of these songs bring back awesome memories and can’t wait to find out the song for my next Contiki!! Love it when the songs come on the radio randomly!! :)
    to answer your second questions, no you don’t get a choice, the TM picks it but it doesn’t matter because you’ll end up loving it by the end regardless of what it is!! :)

• 1 May 2012 TravelBug26 said

TravelBug26

our wake up song was “business time” the first time our TM played we cracked up. hilarious song!! best song ever. everytime I hear it it reminds of those long bus rides through scottland and ireland. best trip ever!! im so excited im doing esatern road in June im going with high expections since my last trip was beyond amazing!!

• 1 May 2012 Todd said

Todd

My day song was “It can Wait” by Illy. We also had an unofficial song “The Waitress Song” by Seth Sentry which was nearly played as much

• 1 May 2012 Lisa-Maree said

Lisa-Maree

For our European escapade we had no tomorrow by Orson as our day song, we no speak no americano for our party song and alors on dance for our party song… Best songs ever!!! Thanks Garai…

• 1 May 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Your TM wasn’t Stu by any chance was it TravelBug26?? Or are there multiple managers using this song?!?!

• 1 May 2012 kdb said

kdb

European Escapade last July/August and ours was Temper Trap’s ‘Sweet Disposition’. But Oasis’ “Wonderwall” quickly became our karaoke favourite and is probably more our ‘contiki song’ than the original!

TravelBug26

Jen_au:: omg i did have stu. I went last June. He was an awesome TM.

• 1 May 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Hahaha how awesome!! Which tour did you do? This is the first time I’ve found someone on here who’s had the same TM!! :) He is an awesome TM it was an amazing tour!!!! :) I went in October and November 2010 on the Winter Wanderer! He met his gf on our tour so hopefully we were a memorable tour for him lol!! :)

TravelBug26

aw how awesome!! I did the Scottland & Ireland tour last June. and Im going to do the Eastern Road tour This June I can’t wait!! Im hoping I get him again as our TM. That would be awesome!! haha

• 2 May 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

hehehe I’m doing Scandi and Russia in August, maybe we’ll both get lucky and get him again!!! :) Good luck!!! :D

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion