Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Best way to get from Vancouver International Airport to Sandman Hotel

24 Jun 2008 Explorer1104544 said

Default_avatar
I'm going on the Canada & the Rockies trip next month, and was wondering if anyone had suggestions about the easiest/quickest/cheapest way of getting from the Vancouver International Airport to the Sandman Hotel.

Thanks for your replies in advance!
  • 24 Jun 2008 JoesAussieGal said

JoesAussieGal

I’m doing the same trip in September. I booked through a travel agent and they have organised for me a ‘seat in coach transfer’ which cost me $20.00. I don’t know how far it is to the Sandman as to whether this is cheap or expensive but at least I know I’ve got a ride organised when I get there.

Kat

• 4 Jul 2008 zippy8282 said

Default_avatar

I’ve done the Rockies tour…good choice by the way. A girl and I shared a cab ride to the airport from the sandman and I think it cost us about $20 Canadian each. I’m sure the shuttle is just as good.

Enjoy the Rockies…its awesome!!!

• 23 Jul 2008 JoesAussieGal said

JoesAussieGal

Hi Matty – my travel agent has just advised me that the Route taken by the “Airporter” bus no longer stops at the Sandman.

Here is the message I received…

Vancouver Airporter service
    The Vancouver Airporter service has advised that they are no longer offering route 3 which includes the Sandman Hotel Downtown, The Rosedale on Robson, Georgian Court and the Westin Grand. The closest stop to these hotels is the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver which is Approximately 6 blocks away.
    The cost of a cab to these hotels is approximately cad $35-40.

- This seems a lot more expensive. Can contiki offer any more suggestions.

Thanks

Kat

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.