Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Eastern Med Cruising - Departing September 8, 2010

30 Jan 2010 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar
Hello!

My name is Nikki,I'm 27 and I'm from Ontario, Canada. I just booked myself on the Eastern Mediteranean Cruising tour, departing September 8, 2010. I'm leaving one day early to get some extra sightseeing in Athens.

I'm hoping to get acquainted with some other people who are also going on this tour.

Can't wait!

Nikki
  • 7 Feb 2010 sara87 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys!

My name is Sara and I am looking at booking this tour! Should know in a couple of weeks if I can do it so I will let you both know! So excited!

Hopefully be seeing you in September,

Sara

• 11 Feb 2010 Kel said

Kel

Hey!

My name is Kelly & i am thinking of doig tis trip on this date with the xtra 4 days in Corfu afterwards.

Do any of you know any more about the ship itself & how uch time we gte in each detination?

Any info would be great Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Kel

• 11 Feb 2010 primaballrina03 said

Default_avatar

Hey Kelly!

We spoke with the Contiki Rep and they said that this tour is def PACKED with a ton of things to see so the time in each place isn’t very much. Look at the daily itinerary and it will show you where we are each day. I did the European Discovery over this past summer and it was AMAZING- problem was it was similar to what I think this trip will be like- we saw SOO MUCH in so little time- our tour manager said its one of the hardest trips to do because we saw something like 12 cities in 12 days… I think it will be a bit rushed but we will see a TON. I can take the rushing around for 10 days to see the Pyramids!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Hope you come!

• 15 Feb 2010 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar

It’s great to see other people who are on this tour! I’m sooo excited, I can’t believe I have to wait 7 months!

I, too, did the European Discovery tour in september 2007. It was an amazing tour but I definitely agree that we may have seen too much in too short a time. I also did the Egypt tour in January 2008. We saw a lot but the pace was a little more laid back.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

• 16 Feb 2010 primaballrina03 said

Default_avatar

Oh Cool! How was Egypt??

• 18 Feb 2010 Lena said

Default_avatar

Hi guys! I’m Lena from California (originally New Zealand) and I’ll hopefully be on the September 8 cruise with my friends Monica and Scott. We’re planning on arriving in Greece a couple of days early, then going to Oktoberfest in Munich afterwards.

I wish it was September already!!!

• 23 Feb 2010 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar

Egypt was pretty incredible…I’m looking forward to going back to it on this cruise! Unfortunately on the Egypt tour we didn’t get a chance to see Alexandria, so now I do! I really hope they take us to a cotton store while we’re there. There’s a store in Cairo which sells 1000+ thread count sheets for a rediculously low price.

• 24 Feb 2010 primaballrina03 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lena-

Welcome to our thread! Hope you book soon! I think I am fully paid at this point! YAY! :-D
    Munich sounds great afterwards! You’ll have a greattt timeee!!!!

Nikki- that sounds awesome! What cities did you visit and what kind of stuff is there to see if you aren’t seeing the pyramids? I dont know much about egypt other than the obvious- I really want to ride a camel! haha But there are no excoursions that include camel riding! I guess as long as I see the Pyramids and the Spynx I will be happy………..but I really want to ride a camel! LOL I have no idea why! Ooooooooohh- cotton sheets? I might need to bring a huge bag to get home a few sets!

• 25 Feb 2010 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar

I think everyone will really enjoy Egypt…it’s unfortunate that we’ll only be there for one day! There were tons of temples to check out on our Egypt tour. We went on a cruise of the Nile and spent some time in the small villiages and a day in Valley of the Kings. If you enjoy the Egypt portion of our tour, I strongly reccommend going back for Contiki’s 9 day tour of Egypt – it’s definitely worth it!

When we went to see the pyramids, we spent roughly 1 hour outside the pyramids and then got in line for tickets to go inside. At the time, they only let the first 100 people in line go inside, so we had to be there early enough to be one of the first 100. I think it cost 100 Egyptian pounds (about $23 Canadian dollars) to get a ticket to go inside. Inside isn’t all that impressive BUT IT’S THE PYRAMIDS so I highly reccommend going in – just to say you did!! After seeing the pyramids we actually rode camels over to the sphynx. This wasn’t listed as an optional excursion so it was a pleasant surprise for all of us. Hopefully we will have that option again! I think the price of the camel ride was extra but I don’t remember how much it was (probably less than $20 Canadian Dollars)…a minimal price for the experience of it! We did our group photo about half way between the pyramids and the sphynx, with the pyramids in the background.

all this talk is making me REALLY want to go back! Only 7 more months! lol

• 1 Mar 2010 *Aussie Gal* said

*Aussie Gal*

Wow!!! I hope to do my next Contiki tour in Egypt. I’m going on my first one, European Highlights, in September. Can’t wait!! Going to save up big time to go solo to Egypt…will be a blast!

• 19 Jun 2010 KatElmore said

Default_avatar

Hi All!!! My name is Kat and I’m from Los Angeles. I’ll be on the cruise Sept. 8th and I"m super excited to meet all of you!!!! Does anybody know about this cruise?? Anybody know of anyone who’s been on it??

• 11 Jul 2010 NurseNikki said

Default_avatar

Hi, my name is Nicole, I’m 23 and from Los Angeles, and I just booked this tour. I haven’t heard about this one in particular, but my friend constantly raves about another European tour she went on. I’m so excited! Hope you all are doing well!

• 13 Jul 2010 KatElmore said

Default_avatar

Hi Nicole!!
    I’m looking forward to meeting you! When do you fly out? I’m from Los Angeles as well and traveling solo. Will you be going alone?

Default_avatar

Hi Nikki!
    I’m on this tour and I’m getting excited! I’m 28 and from Los Angeles, CA. Are you traveling alone?

• 13 Jul 2010 NurseNikki said

Default_avatar

Hey Kat! Yea, I’ll be traveling solo too. I haven’t booked my flight yet, but I’ll be going out of LAX. I may just have contiki book it because the prices keep going up. Have you booked yours yet?

Default_avatar

hi sweetie!! i haven’t booked it yet…probably in 2 weeks or so…
    what are the contiki prices?

Default_avatar

i will also be flying out of lax…..

• 13 Jul 2010 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar

Hi Kat! Yes I am travelling solo. Very excited to see I’m not the only one travelling alone!!

Getting very excited!!

quote:
    Originally posted by Kat E:
    Hi Nikki!
    I’m on this tour and I’m getting excited! I’m 28 and from Los Angeles, CA. Are you traveling alone?

• 13 Jul 2010 Ness85 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys and gals

Im vanessa, 24, from NZ, first time abroad going solo so def keen and excited to meet everyone!

See you guys in a couple of months.

Vanessa

• 13 Jul 2010 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar

When I did the European Discovery tour a few years ago, we created a facebook group beforehand to give everyone a chance to get to know each other a little bit.

Anyone interested? I’ve never made a facebook group before but I’m sure I can figure out how Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion