Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai island hopper east/west August/September???

16 Jul 2013 anelise95 asked

anelise95

Hey guys, I'm looking at booking my second contiki (did LA to the Bay which was a blast) to either the east or west side of Thailand, not too particular on which one I choose in the end, I'm just looking for like minded travellers possibly going it alone like I will be for a first, looking to go relatively soon as I've just split up with my partner and looking to get away asap! Hahah so if there is anyone doing either/or of these trips relatively soon please don't hesitate to send me a message as I'd love to get to know you all :)

• 16 Jul 2013 David said

David

Hey im going solo on my first contiki! Will be doing Thai west islands starting on the 28th spetember! will be flying in from athens after i do the island hopper there… its gonna be a big month haha. shud be sick though :)

• 16 Jul 2013 anelise95 said

anelise95

Hey david so good to hear someone around my age is going it alone as well :) that sounds really good I’m looking at doing a Europe contiki afterwards but still not 100% sure yet there’s too many to choose from! Yeah it will be a big month for you but amazing I’m sure I can’t wait I’m so excited :)

• 16 Jul 2013 David said

David

Il have to let you know how the Greece Island Hopper goes! buy yeah… I really dont have any idea what to expect.. This whole trip was booked and payed for less then a week after i first thought about doing it.. Completely spontaneous. Had a bit of a YOLO moment in my life haha..

• 17 Jul 2013 anelise95 said

anelise95

I have no idea what to expect either, it sounds so amazing though, what made you choose the west islands over the east ? The extras on the west sound a lot better :) the Greek island tour sounds so good though I’m sure that will be one you can’t forget, are you heading there straight after the tour finishes because I heard there was some full moon party around the time of this Thai tour, apparently they’re pretty wild :)

• 17 Jul 2013 David said

David

Ah one of my mates went along the west and said its pretty awesome so I just thought I’d go with that :P. I fly to Phuket and spend 8 days there by miself before the west contiki starts. I have heard about that party but wouldn’t have a clue when it is. Would be awesome if it lined up with the tour lol.

• 17 Jul 2013 anelise95 said

anelise95

The extras on this one sound so good where else could you ride and elephant :) I think on some of the tours they do have full moon parties lined up so lets hope for the best i think that would be awesome haha I’m thinking of spending a few nights in Phuket before the tour starts where our group would stay to get used to the scenery sort of thing but it’s a bit scary being a girl by myself doing that lol I think those dates work out really well for my work by the looks of it so I guess I will be seeing you there :)

• 17 Jul 2013 David said

David

Yeah for sure! I heard there is a few full moon parties so that’d be pretty sweet. Yeah I mean the accommodation is so cheap for a really nice resort so I’m just taking advantage and having as long a holiday as possible. Yeah well your welcome to come get lost with me :) il have no idea where I’m going lol.

• 18 Jul 2013 anelise95 said

anelise95

Yeah it’s so cheap for a really nice place, are you staying at the same place contiki starts the tour off in Phuket? I think I’ll take advantage of it too such a beautiful place and I can get the time off :) yeah a full moon party would be sick but I’ve heard some scary stories so I’m not really sure if they do them with the group hahaha

• 18 Jul 2013 David said

David

Nah I’m staying at old Phuket and think the tour starts at swaddi patong resort! Scary stories?? Haha I’ve only been told that they’re “fucking awesome” lol. I hope so though sounds like quite an experience.

• 19 Jul 2013 anelise95 said

anelise95

Oh okay that’s cool I’ll have to look it up :) yeah I’ve heard they’re crazy and go off but like scary as I think people have been drugged and killed at them :/ hahaha oh well like you said it’s a YOLO moment lol. I absolutely can’t wait so excited!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion