Comment

Egypt & the Nile 19th Feb 2011

23 Nov 2010 Explorer1155443 said

Default_avatar
Hi,
Is anyone going on this tour?
  • 10 Dec 2010 Gennifer V said

Gennifer V

Hey, yeah I am going! Explorer1188719-Is that Dee or Rhonda?

• 8 Jan 2011 Katie said

Default_avatar

I am going on this tour. I am a female traveling alone from NY and I am very excited, but do have a few reservations about safety. I hope it’s a great trip and look forward to meeting everyone!

• 15 Jan 2011 Explorer1158667 said

Default_avatar

Does anyone planning to visit Alexandria before the tour ???

• 16 Jan 2011 gator717 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Solo Traveler:
    Im doing the Alexandria day trip the last Saturday of the tour.

Hello.

I’m not sure if you have already planned this day trip but just in case, Spring Tours, Contiki’s parent company in Egypt, holds a day trip to Alexandria on Saturdays for $99. A few of my tour mates and I before our trip, planned on going to Alexandria on our own but when we learned that Spring Tours had an organized tour, we decided to join. The price includes the round trip bus ride, admission ticket to 5 sites, and an English speaking tour guide. You also stop at the Library of Alexandria. If interested in doing Alexandria, just let Sherif (your Egypt and the Nile tour guide) know and then he will ask around to see what other tour mates are interested. If not interested in doing an organized tour of Alexandria, I had two tour mates that went on their own and had a great time and no problems. You can read more on this tour by visiting my blog!
  • 18 Jan 2011 Explorer1158667 said

Default_avatar

i have recommended Travel Agent from one of my friends and they gave me this tour by 85.00 USD SO anyone want to Join ?

• 27 Jan 2011 Jen Behling said

Jen Behling

I’m looking forward to meeting all of you and exploring Egpyt. I hope the protests are over by then.
    Anyone on Facebook? Maybe we should start a group page.

• 31 Jan 2011 Explorer1225254 said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m going on trip too, depending on how the riots are going then that is. Has anyone cancelled yet?

• 31 Jan 2011 Explorer1225669 said

Default_avatar

I am going to be rescheduling unfortunately for another tour somewhere else. :P I really want to go but the US State Department issued a travel advisory and considering there is a 6pm curfew and a lot of the sites are closing, I’m not sure it’s worth going right now. :( My opinion though, of course.

• 31 Jan 2011 Explorer1225254 said

Default_avatar

I’m in the same boat as you. I really want to go but don’t feel that it would be the best trip due to the current events. I spoke to a rep from Contiki on the phone earlier today and they said that they’ve canceled all Egypt trips up the the 12th of Feb. My guess is that our trip will also be canceled, I just don’t see everything returning to normal very quickly. I’m also booked on the Simply Italy Winter Tour that leaves the USA on Feb 6th and ends the 18th. You should check it out it looks pretty amazing.

• 31 Jan 2011 Explorer1225669 said

Default_avatar

Yeah it’s a shame about the timing, I was really looking forward to going on this tour, but I figure as long as the ruins and museums are still there, I can go some other time. :) Your Italy trip sounds great! I hope you have an amazing time. :) I’m actually looking to rebook to New Zealand in March instead. Getting all the logistics planned for that today. _

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion